Mal Florence lures - ebay disapointment

Feral

Well my 4 Mal Florence lures arrived today. Got them off ebay about 10 days ago and they finally showed up.

These are the only Australian made lures I have bought off Ebay, and I must say that while they are worth the $4 (including postage) I paid, they are by far the worst quality lures I have got off Ebay.

They were loose packed in a plastic bag, no hook guards or retail type packaging - ok dont really need either, but I am used to it.

The mould joins are prominant, I will file them flat before using. The hook mounts are thin tin, and look like they will bend easily. The hooks and rings came in a seperate packet so I have to put them on myself. Also only enough rings for the hooks, none for the mount point, but I throw them away anyway, so does not really matter, just once again used to getting them.

Although after looking at hooks and rings, I suppose it saved me the trouble of pulling them off!

are they poppers or bibbless, to right about them being crap quality a few years ago they changed eyelets over, before that they were decent.

the poppers were good ive caught a range of fish from marlin to gts on them, but the ones with the light eyes are not up to any serious challenge.

feral- i got some a little while back off ebay...lost one to a good size flatty since then...took some tuning in the pool to get to swim straight but now they are sweet as...had alot of success on em when i was younger on bass and flathead..i like em:)

Troy the crappy looking ones or the others? All of the lures I have got on Ebay have been good quality, except for these Mal Florence ones.

Sure with Ebay lures in general they have had crook hooks on some, but the lures themselves have always been well built, its not exactly hard with the injection moulding technology these days!

Jimmybob, I'll be using them! just very suprised at the poor \"build quality\"

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/05/15 20:11

The lures are excellent. We have caught plenty of fish with them. No fuss about them as I am a BIG fan of Mal Florence. As long as they do the job right, quality is not a concern. The main thing is to support our own local boys making them. Don't let our dollars go overseas! :) Tumbs up! :)

when i got mine i emailed the seller and asked why they are not in shops anymore...the dude said he bought he name and are only sold on ebay now....im sure they are made in melobourne thou....if they are, mackie il have a tooheys old ..cheers:P

He owes us plenty of tooheys. They are indeed made in Melbourne. Mal's lures are tested in our local conditions & wonder the overseas lures are made to our local standards! See the photos here!!! Boys, keep our Aussie dollars at home. Save some fish and our $$$ for our future generations, okay! :) Thumbs Up :)

Post edited by: Mal63, at: 2007/05/17 22:13

Well you certainly got some nice fish on them, I hope they go well for me.

I can see why they are only sold on the internet though, you would not look twice at them in a tackle shop the build quality is so poor.

Not to worried about keeping Victorian's in a job!

• 1 month later...

Feral wrote:

Well you certainly got some nice fish on them, I hope they go well for me.

I can see why they are only sold on the internet though, you would not look twice at them in a tackle shop the build quality is so poor.

Not to worried about keeping Victorian's in a job!

thought all the victorians were moving up here anyway:lol:

Archived