Young Crazy Fillet go to the reef

Young_fella

Just a quick one

last thursday we left fairly early in search of macks me being the only one who slept....

Met crazy walrus down at the jetty and set off. Finally arrived at the reef only to be met by 50+ boats.

Not alot was happening with only a few people catching mackerels. Walrus and I started feeling a bit crook till the decision was made to search for fishies on the bottom of the sea. Shortly after i boated a 33cmer scorp cod. Crazy walrus shortly boated another.. and another................ and another earning himself a new name, the scorpion king/scorpio.

9am hit and still no macks, at this point scorpio was boating every fish that touched his bait...

Tugger stopped by the boat on his way home as scorpio casually caught some more fish. I caught some baitfish and a bream... Yep I caught a bream offshore....... I'm yet to do a trip where I dont get a bream.

Mick smashed out some bait fish from jigging and used them as livies... Still no macks.

Finally deciding to move, we headed for deeper water... This is where scorpio and I had a tough time holding in the vom :sick:

Mick was the first to pull up a legal tragjew, I was second and scorpio was third. Spend about another 20 mins out there with only the scorpion king pulling in some more scorpion cod.

Headed back just in time to miss the storm... on the water....

On the way back Mick and myself got absolutely hammered. The insane winds were pushing the boat, the road had a layer of water on it and the visability was terrible. IT WAS AWESOME FUN!!!! :P

All in all it was another awesome day out

Mick fillet has been responsible for the following Firsts and PB's of mine:

catty - PB

bass - First

scrop cod - PB

snapper - PB

bream on lure - First

trev - First

tragjew - First

flatty - First

grassy - PB

gold spot cod - First

Lancer - First

Cheers mick ya legend!

Heres some picamatures V

fishing095.jpg

fishing106.jpg

fishing102.jpg

fishing103.jpg

fishing107.jpg

Scorpio AKA Crazy_walrus has somemore pictures.

it was a bit slow that day we only got 1 spotty and lost a few but those scorpion cod are not bad chewing they are also known as poor mans lobster. the northerlies that day probably had a bit to do with the fish being quiet and the water temperatur was a bit chilly also that day. good to see you guys again hope you have better luck next time

mark

it was a bit slow that day we only got 1 spotty and lost a few but those scorpion cod are not bad chewing they are also known as poor mans lobster. the northerlies that day probably had a bit to do with the fish being quiet and the water temperatur was a bit chilly also that day. good to see you guys again hope you have better luck next time

mark

1 spotty :ohmy: Thats not like you and your clan at all. Thats how you know it was a bad day, if you can't get em who can.

I'm pretty keen to head out again sometime soon, hopefully with better luck on the next trip.

Good to see you too mark

Cain.

mark

"poor mans lobster" god that made me laugh.

hey was good to have you fellas come along cheers

we trolled a good spread of lures first up 40 mins before sun up as we headed down to the palmy from the sea way. didnt get a hit.

the lures troled were squidgy slick rigs 170mm dropbears out the short corner, and williamson soft plastic troll baits on the out riggers spread a bit wider, better luck next time hopfully hey .;)

the tragg were all caught on fresh yakka fillet that were taken from the palmy earlier on using 12oz lead to stay down during the short drifts.

young fella putt himself on to his first traggie as he had a go at skipper under a bit of guidence using the gps combined with reading the sounder to help take his mind off things :sick: well done dude.

was a good call to come in when we did

that storm was incredible. might have been fun for you sitin in the passenger seat youngy but as the driver i was crappin myself. then there was the semi bdouble who couldnt stay in his lane and ran us off the road there at the end of the motor way. fortunatly the ditch had just ended a few hundred mtrs back and we came out of hat situation with out loosing a scale. its pretty hard to keep 6 tonne under control in a situation like that but i fluked it big time hey. straight to the servo for ciggys.:lol:

oh yeah thats a lancer your holding in that pic if ya wondering.

cant wait to get back down there again

cheers mick

That was fun driving the boat, certainly fixes the seasickness when you're not thinking about it so much.

I forgot about that idiot in the truck, he would've absolutely destroyed us if you didn't hop out of the way. Lucky for your skillz :lol:

I can't wait for the next trip, always great fun and lots of laughs.

Thanks mick

hey Mick - Thanks so much for taking me out. I enjoyed the day. I was surprise that I handled the conditions ok :sick: It was really interesting to get out there. I have not been offshore much at all down here. I will have to take a couple of the scorpion cod home next time and see what people are talking about. Would love to get out there again sometime.

Archived