Pike eels

Gazza

There was a funny old bloke who used to fish down at the jetty at the mouth of Oxley creek a lot. Everytime we caught he would gratefully take it off us.

He was eastern European and could not speak much English but he would sit there saying \"Stew, Stew\" while patting his belly. So i guess you can eat.

Then again saying that you \"CAN\" eat something is a little different from \"WOULD\" or \"SHOULD\" hahaha.

Angus

according to an Asian chappy that I work with, a delicacy in Asia means that its expensive and there is a lot of social status in eating it. It doesn't mean it tastes nice!

ps - don't waste your time trying to eat eel. Use it as shark bait then eat nice bull shark flake burgers instead. Yum

There are a few professional eel catchers working local farm dams and the stocked impoundments. I have seen them working in Hinze, North pine and Baroon pocket and there is one who does the rounds of the local farm dams around Redland Bay every 4 or 5 years.

They export them live to hong kong.

Pickled or smoked eel is supposed to be very good,

I had a bit of a go at smoking once but couldnt even get the needle of the brine pump into the body and the one that we soaked in the brine didnt absorb any brine so we gave up. If anyone has a recipe i would like to give it a go again.

Ray

Archived