Positive Ebay Experience

Ash

hey,

I won a bid on some hardbody lures and was very happy at how cheap i got them for. I got 4 \"Angels of death\" Baby face angels. Shallow diving lures with teaser tails on them. They came packed well, and had hook covers on them. And delivery was fast.

But as we know, the test comes in the water! So, last night as i threw some baits out, i thought id test them out.

First thing i noticed, was how well they cast. Not once did they tangle or hook themselves, and seem to be waited well for good casting distance.

Then i tested them on the retrieve. Once again i was very happy with that too. Nice swimming action, not as erratic some some of the lures of the same size. nice and subtle, kinda reminded me of some of the Rapala lures of same size. the teaser tail looks awesome too!

Now the other big test. As we know, most hooks and rings that come on those \"awesome\" priced lures are quite often very bad quality. Some seem to rust up with just the mention of salt water. To see how they'd go i washed 3 of 4 lures, and left the un washed sttiing in my boat over night. I was very surprised to see this morning that the unwashed one looked as new! No rust or other signs of degrading.

So, all in all, i give them a 8/10 all up. I will definetly be buying from the same guy again, in fact, i just won the bid on some Angel deep diving bombers!

Hi Ash,

I'm pleased you had a good experience with your lures.

I got a set of 5 of these lures (but without the teaser tails) last week and gave them a go. Frankly they are absolute rubbish. They just don't work at all, all they do is just lie on their side, no wobble or shimmer at all. I tried rigging them several ways, tied direct, on a loop, with and without a swivle etc etc. Apart from chucking them in the bin, does anyone have a suggestions how to get them to work?

Cheers Neil.

Fella's with the crook ones, were they the lipless ones that sort of look like jackalls or G-Vibes?

They are the only crook ones I have got off that bloke, the problem is there is no weight in the nose, they just fall over sideways when you try to retrieve them.

I chucked those out of the tackle bag, pulled the hooks off them and the kids use them for practice lure casting.. The rest have been great. Have caught good size barra on them and lots of bass.

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/05/20 15:20

hi I've snagged some good bargins on ebay angels of death baby face and dive bombers they swim well im pleased with the quality of packaging .lol the postage cost me more than the lures ;) they are yet to catch a fish ,my latest aquisition is a monster sonic lure its a cross between a crank and buzz bait lure , it came packed well I'm keen to see if it lives up to the labeling all in all ive never had a dud touch wood (bangs head on desk ) pic attached

neil- if the lure is leaning to one side when ya retreiving,,get some pliers and turn the tow point in the opposite direction to the way the lure is leaning to...muck around with it a few times ( bending the tow point ) and ya should get it to swim straight...its called \"tuning\"....got a pool? neighbour got a pool? public pool down the road? thats where i test and tune my lures....a pain i know..but.....:)

Archived