Peel island

Gazza

We took ellicats advice and headed off to SW peel Sat nite What a start 1st the BP on the right just as you turn left towards wello was all taped and blocked by police damm we need fuel for the boat and bait etc so we asked one of them if we could walk in to get supplies which she said yes curiousity got the better of me had to ask what happened as you do it turned out some kid on ICE walked in and colapsed they tried cpr but he died on the way to hospital bugger he wont do that again then this other cop came up to us and said he was the head of the water police Shit :blink: what have we done wrong as it turns out he told us they have been getting tuna between goat and peel we thanked him and off we went nice guy.

Half way out to peel the nav lights started to dim I asked my mate when was the last time you charged the battery ( no electrics on his tinne) about 2 months ago OH goodie no sounder :( so we took a stab in the dark anchoured up and as Jordan stated in another post it was blowin pretty hard and cold 10 minute later big hit on the smaller rod baited with a whole baby occy bought from IGA frozen section ($7 a kilo bag) hmm onwent a trace then the Ganged hook Gar screamed off a very legal squire :) we tried the sounder in hope it showed 10 ft of water then died no power next to come into the boat was a Tailor 1.5- 2kg mark the tide was dropping so we tried the sounder again 6 ft then we got 4 more good sized squire and heaps of bust offs we where using floats to suspend our baits 3 feet from the surface then after the last hit we found out we were in 3 ft of water and all went qiet so we moved to the channel south of peel and had a ball on light gear nailing just under legal sized squire ( approx 20 thrown back)then a school of baitfish went mad and 3 dolphins and some other big critters were nailing them just as we were about to toss some slugs in came 3 dropkicks in a bass boat drove right throug the guts of the boil up and that was that every thing went dead :evil:

We pulled the pin just before 12pm Sun and headed home with smiles except we forgot the camera so sorry no pics this time

Gaz

we tried the NE end and got some small grassie and heaps of grinners ( next trips bait) ;)

sorry for the long report

oops nearly forgot we trolled for an hour or so but no tuna:(

Point taken . thanks ;)

in reply 45cms in 4 foot of water :P

the other 4 where 40 +

till we moved to the channel then they dropped to 30 35 cm range.

Gaz

never was much good @ english @ school but never thought I would be writing reports on a forum either :woohoo:

hey good report man! I gotto get out to some of those islands!

And cowfish, were the lack of full stops causing you to forget when to stop and take a breath? :whistle:

Just a hint, when your getting dizzy, breath in, then wait for the dizzy again, and breath out!:laugh:

Cow you seemed to be confused it is a rubble bottom

and not a bommie ridden reef and the fish seemed more intent on running to deeper ground

it appears you have not caught too many snapper as I have NEVER been taken to a snag by one

as snapper are cruisers of reefie structure not dwellers the later take you down and bust you off

cruisers of a feed in shallow run for deeper water

your next point:whistle:

Gaz

Archived