Going fishing at Broadwater!

viperon1982

hey guys,

I'll be heading down south to GC for a full day of relaxation (AND fishing) on a party pontoon with my mates. Last time we were there, we caught 7 whitings, 1 bream, 1 sweetlip and 2 flounders (line snapped on big one), but alas could only keep 4 whitings.

Let's see then what our haul will be tomorrow! We'll be hanging around near the spit, same as before, and this time I'm aiming for at least 1 flattie and a nice big shiny bream on 3\" Berkley Gulp in pumpkinseed! Will keep you guys posted!

So stay tuned, we'll be back after the \"break\"! B)

Post edited by: viperon1982, at: 2007/05/23 00:39

Feral wrote:

ok its a BBQ boat without the BBQ.

Be careful mate, you might not need a licence, but you can still go DD driving one of those!

Haha, I will be careful! We've been on one before and have a friend who's a license-holder. I think he's taught enuff to keep ourselves from running aground!

Well then, i'm off!!! Later guys!

erm.. what's DD driving btw? I'm kinda new to fishing lingo.. hehe.. :blush:

Haha, so it is Drunk Driving.. I thought it might've been something else!

Well I'm back! What a death-defying trip we had! Almost sank head-first twice into the sea coz my mates were crowding around the front of the pontoon while the boat was on the move! Good thing we shouted at them to move towards the back quickly before disaster!!

Anyway, we caught 3 flatties (2 small, 1 barely legal), 5 undersized whitings, 2 cute bloated puffers, 1 baby sweetlip, and at least 5 grinners!

I caught my first fish on the 3\" pumpkinseed Gulp! Didn't really have a chance to use the SP much coz there was jus too much bait to be wasted!

And so, we brought the \"biggest\" catch of the day, the barely legal flattie, and jus for laughs 3 grinners.

Have you guys actually tried eating them? I was thinking of deep-frying them til crisp! Are they any good at all?

Mate I think you'll really enjoy the grinner. Some people say they taste OK. Personally I think they're better being placed on a hook and sent back in as they make good snapper bait, not to mention sharks and golden toads.

Sounds like you had an interesting trip.:)

ellicat wrote:

Mate I think you'll really enjoy the grinner. Some people say they taste OK. Personally I think they're better being placed on a hook and sent back in as they make good snapper bait, not to mention sharks and golden toads.

Sounds like you had an interesting trip.:)

Yeah it was a fun day out. Good weather too! I did put one of the grinners back in on ganged hooks. Unfortunately no bites. Are there any good spots for bigger fishes around The Spit? Am pretty new to the area, so would be good to have some knowledge before I head down again.

Archived