donnybrook

Jordan

hey all, went to donny brook but diddnt really fish much, some guy got a 32 cm parrot fish off the jetty wich apparently is very common. after explaining to him all those colours on it means there highly toxic he threw it back. sucker :P i was completeley shocked that reef fish inhabited the creeky thing. spent the most part of my time there catching up with some people we used to know there. on the way there however, we passed a creek with a little jetty in it. ive been past in tonnes of times but never thought to stop. we were ahead of time on the way back so decided to take a look. if you could design the perfect fish habitat on a computer, thatd be it. snags every where, half a jetty underwater. we stayed for a while but got no fish on live yabbies and lures which was extremely disapointing. i was told its partly fresh and not much lives there. thinking of taking the kayak this weekend, does anyone know what creek im talking about and if its worth fishing?

The creek you are speaking of is called elimbah creek from memory it produces very good jacks and tarpon at times. The Jetty you are refering too is an old bridge that used to cross the creek, it is quite salty there it only starts to become brackish a few kms further up the creek.

As for parrots I have caught parrot,venus tusk fish,squire,grassy sweatlip etc just 2kms from the jetty at donnybrook so I can definatley beleive parrot being caught there.

Lee

haha thanks jimbob, it was suuuuuuuch a good looking fish, and thats all he had caught all day, i couldnt see him kill it so i told him the old 'if its colourfull its poisonous!' thx heaps for the info pc sollutions, couldnt ask for a better reply, ill karma u wen i get it bak. gonna try there this weekend for some muddies and do some trolling

Archived