JIg head molds

go for the round head...to get straight down to the schooling bass (if thats what ya do)... well the round heads are good for getting the most out of shad or paddle tail actions...on the drop the tail really works its magic...know what i mean?

Post edited by: jimmybob, at: 2007/05/31 11:17

as a starting point i am thinking about one of these www.do-itmolds.com/product.aspx?i=774 $44.95. there is a mixture of sizes, i like that it has everything that is required, including instruction DVD. mold by itself is $37. sent an email & postage is $35 total AUD$97.20

but,thats a fair few over the counter heads..

Bullet head style would be the go for a better action in deeper water.......

Cruise the net Jimmy and have alook at all the different styles from the US they sure have it down pat when it comes to jigheads/molds for bass.......

If you get stuck for lead try some of tyre shops that do wheel alignments ask for the old weights they sometimes give it to ya for free or sell it very cheaply.....

Sorry to ramble guys but also do yourself a favour and buy ya hooks in bulk from ebay..tackle shops are way over priced.......remember to check what type of hook is used with what molds as some molds will only take 1 or 2 particular types of hooks and using any other sort of hook can end up setting the head off centre......:angry:

Jimmy you can buy sinker making kits which includes every thing to get started, minus molds hooks and lead...

Just thought I would pass on a few tips....

hi guys if you are chasing lead i paid 90 c a killo at the scrap yard i go to diamond metals at gebung now metalcorp you have little choice in the lead you get but try to avoid roof nails they have to much slag per amount of lead flashing is the best i have found.

good luck guys:)

Regarding Lead have a chat to some of the tire places like Jax bob jane etc and ask about wheel weights you can usually get their discarded (old used) weights for stuff all and they are great for moulding as they contain more zinc and are harder than pure lead ;)

that applies to sinkers too !

before you fork out big $'s for molds try to make your own :woohoo: buy a cheap ball sinker mold cut it so you can place your chosen hook in the slot where you would normally put your wire for the hole on the sinker

and put your hook in and pour

when set you end up with a ball headed jig

hope that helps

Gaz

Archived