Flathead Sp's

Rex_Hunt

Ive been trying a few varietys of berkleys powerbaits but havnt had much luck with the decent flathead. ive been catching a fair few undersize flathead on a few 3inch minnow but havnt had much luck on anything else. what do u guys reckon i should use to get close to and over legal size flatheads. Cheers

3 inch Berkley's are my absolute favourite.

Any colour works really, but flatties love pink!

The only other plastic i have caugt flatties on was an Atomic Shad in rainbow trout colur. These are a little bigger than the power baits and of the paddle tail variety.

Angus

Ok yeah thanx my mate suggested paddle tail plastics didnt really pay that much attention to him he said they r gd for catching some nice sized flatties. thanx for that ill hit up the local fishing store and have a look through the plastics and see what i can find. cheers

I don't have a favourite brand, but tend to lean towards either long wriggle tails or paddle tail shads.

Quite small flathead will attack quite large SPs, so don't be afraid to use 100mm+.

I agree that pink is a winner, as is yellow, but I have caught them on everything from black to almost see through.

Heavy jig heads are my preference, get it on the bottom, that's where they live after all!

Archived