Some opinions about the Takeda 1-3kg Fireblade

Orca

Well known fishing identities Tracey Mammen and Christine Hunt had an awesome day on the water yesterday. Fishing with Darren’ Dizzy’ Borg around the Pin/Gold Coast area, they boated about 140 fish between them. Bream was the main species caught but also legal size Flathead, Snapper and Tailor were also caught. They were testing out the new ZMan Grubz from TT Lures and by all accounts it seems to be a fantastic new product.

In recent weeks, Tracey and Christine have both been using the new Takeda Fireblade 1-3kg rods and Tracey also has fished with a new prototype Camo Stik which we hope to release later this year. This is some of the things they have had to say:

"Christine (3 weeks ago) “Fished with one of the new Austackle Fireblade rods in the 1-3kg and was very impressed it was a dream load up on a feisty Trevally and has a lot of features that you would normally pay a lot more for. Well done Austackle a good light rod weapon!â€

post-9073-144598634122_thumb.jpg

Christine (1 week ago) “Used it again last weekend and was once again very happy with it. The Fireblade goes off! “

Christine (after yesterdays session) “The new Fireblade Takeda rod in the 1-3kg is a great Bream rod by Austackle . It is a lot of Rod for the moneyâ€

post-9073-144598634129_thumb.jpg

Tracey (after the recent “Dash for Cashâ€)“I upgraded a few times in the comp with the help of the Fireblade. It's lovely to cast and loads nicely tooâ€.

Tracey (after yesterdays session) “We had a solid day on the water today, Christine put the Fireblade through it's paces with some plastics in the deep water around the 'Pin, and I gave the prototype rod a good run too. I loved the prototype. It seems to have a faster action than the Fireblade and more bottom end when fighting a fish. For these reasons I think it was more suited to plastics in the deep compared to the softer Fireblade, which seems to be a very capable and versatile rodâ€.

post-9073-144598634135_thumb.jpg

A list of stockists is available on our website. If you do not have one near you please contact us for assistance.

HAve to agree, love(d) my fireblade in the brief period I had it :(

I am trying to prise the other 2 piece sample back from Ben. If i am successful you can play with it as long as you dont throw it over the side again! lol

I am trying to prise the other 2 piece sample back from Ben. If i am successful you can play with it as long as you dont throw it over the side again! lol

Hahah mate my rods now live double leashed! I've always had them on board but figured on a dam what could happen. :pinch: :angry:

Hahah mate my rods now live double leashed! I've always had them on board but figured on a dam what could happen. :pinch: :angry:

well you have proved EXACTLY what can happen - even on a dam. Ben says you can borrow his until the production models arrive later this year

well you have proved EXACTLY what can happen - even on a dam. Ben says you can borrow his until the production models arrive later this year

Yeah I now keep my rods leashed whenever they're in the holders, even when I'm not trolling. Honestly? I would feel bad! Also, tell him that if he's going for a yak in the pine after the season opens to let me know, I want to steal his spots :lol: :whistle:

how deep was it where you lost it Jords? I managed to get back one of mine from 20 feet of water after the young fella lost it.
12 to 13 meters mate... I sat ther for a good hour casting vibes then trilled back and forth trying to snag it... It was a bit difficult because I was freezing, drenched and it was blowing a gale hahah :(

Yeah I now keep my rods leashed whenever they're in the holders, even when I'm not trolling. Honestly? I would feel bad! Also, tell him that if he's going for a yak in the pine after the season opens to let me know, I want to steal his spots :lol: :whistle:

Well he had agreed to both Jords - he will take you yakking up the Pine and he will also let you have his 2 piece next week. Your lucky day i guess!

Well he had agreed to both Jords - he will take you yakking up the Pine and he will also let you have his 2 piece next week. Your lucky day i guess!

If the maroons win, that'll make it 3 out of 3!! :cheer: I'll make the trip down one day next week or the week after, when ever suits you mate

how deep was it where you lost it Jords? I managed to get back one of mine from 20 feet of water after the young fella lost it.
12 to 13 meters mate... I sat ther for a good hour casting vibes then trilled back and forth trying to snag it... It was a bit difficult because I was freezing, drenched and it was blowing a gale hahah :(

I used a 6/0 hook and a heavy sinker onto it. We can hook up another day and give it another go if you like.

I used a 6/0 hook and a heavy sinker onto it. We can hook up another day and give it another go if you like.

I'll definitely give it a go mate, haven't been to the dam since (too scared now :P )but next time will have a bit of a go with a big arse sinker and hook, maybe throw in a treble or two

Ted am i right in thinking you have had lots of experience in these matters?? lol

You guys are not alone in your misfortunes. I just got a phone call from a good mates son - his girlfriends little boy just ran down the hallway with his Camo Stik Pro rod. He wants to bring the 3 pieces in to show me tommorrow! lol

Archived