shimano Cruxis and Symetre

i just bought a cruxis 200 baitcaster from charltons at redbank and got it spooled with 10lb finns braid. its a really nice reel and although its only caught a 50cm catfish, i cant wait to try it on flathead and small palegics like tailor and silver trevally. does anyone else own a CRUXIS 200? if so have you had any problems with it?

i've also bought a shimano symetre 1500 spooled with 4lb squidgy braid and let me tell you this reel is amazing value for money! its so smooth and i've been able to land fish upto 80cm with it! very good reel i highly recomend it to anyone looking for a small bream/bass/flathead reel.

I got a 1500 symetre aswell, I agree with it being good value for money. Nor me or my brother have had any major problems with ours. It can cast jackalls across north pine(all thought its about to be retired from that, UPGRADING :woohoo: ) and it can also toss unweighted sp's at bream and heavy plastics at flatties.

The only problem I had was I got the drag burnt out on a tuna landbased with 4lb at bribie:whistle: I wasn't really targeting it tho.

It only cost 30$ to fix so its wasn't too bad.

Have fun with the new reels!

Archived