The bigger the boat ... the bigger the waker

kreel

Oops I missed an "n" in the title - in the word "waker" you can figure just where.

Tacklebox and I had a leisurely start to the MBC at Jacob's Well this morning and while the day was generally lovely - it had its incidents. Smallest of which was the fact that Tacklebox got the biggest Flathead.

I won't compromise a good whinge with the fishing, I'll leave those small details to the lovely Tacklebox.

First underachievement of the day was after streaking ahead in the Flathead count with a few smaller samples, I had a small one in the net (half in the water keeping him alive) while I waited for my court appointed photographer (lost my camera after an earlier action packed day) to amble over from the other side of the river. Meanwhile I get another fish on my lure and its a brute of a Flattie - well into the 50s although I may as well say it was 3 metres after dropping it boat-side ... its not on the plate so it didn't happen. There goes my chance of possible AFO MBC glory.

After battling the in-coming tide on the way out we decide its time to battle the out-going tide on the way in. I have a conniption when my lure lands in a tree and I have to jump out into the mud to retrieve it, luckily that isn't the worst of my problems, while trying to stumble back into the yak with half the mud of Jacob's Well caking my loins, I manage to embed a treble well into my finger, It's so well embedded (well past the barb) and I am in such a good mood that I decide to enjoy the pain and just keep pulling the pliers until the nasty devil pops out (no Doctor Pussca, no alcohol just a heap of bloody mindedness). In fact it was no big deal really.

Now we reach the reason for the title of the post. While trolling along the shoreline I am surprised by my yak suddenly lifting about a metre and moving shoreward about 3 or 4 metres dumping me unceremoniously but still upright close to the beach. My mirage drive is flat under the yak and dug into the sand so I can't move, then comes the second and third wave which turns me and the yak upside down and helter-skelter. I look up and see the ass of one of those I-have-too-much-money-no-idea-how-to-fish-waker+n-lets-take-a-cruise-to-tahiti-darl-did-I-mention-waker+n-cruisers with the skipper oblivious to the impact his big ass boat is having and not-a-care-in-the-world look on his fat face. He was followed by 2 other cruisers of similar dimensions with equal disregard for those around them. I lost no kit thanks to Tacklebox rounding up some small items that floated off; all the expensive gear was leashed and now in need of a good fresh-water bath.

The last indignity was when we reached shore and jumped out into knee-deep mud again.

All in all a lovely day out with my best fishing buddy Tacklebox, after all I could have been at WORK!

Stuck in the mud hey with the mirage drive hung up? can't say i have that problem with paddling ;) Seriously though I know how you feel as the ferry went past me today no worries but I was in 3inches of water and the wash stands up and breaks in the shallow stuff, it was only a sand bank so I quickly jumped out and stood next to the yak lesson learnt for next time. Pity about the Flattie my first for the comp is only a small one but it can be upsized.

Cheers

Mark

So tbox stays upright and kreel can see his keel i'm trying not to laugh hahahaHAHAHA

Sorry mate but that is gold :P

That's it, cheering for the whales in your next match up! :lol::lol:

Only if there is a God ... mind you we booted Jeesus from the site! :blink:

well done for having your stuff tied down. if that ever happened to me id lose thousands in tackle straight up. i dont think i could bear it. lots of douchebags in that area huh. i dont mind them as much as they seem to mostly be rich and incompetent on the water. its more frustrating to me when someone that you can see is definitely an angler does a similar thing. glad youre ok. hope your next trip is more enjoyable

we camped at tipplers the weekend before last, its heavily signed 6 knots on at least 5 occassions I had these wakers+n come past while tide off to the jetty, ive had to sprint down scream at them while untying the bot and try to stop it getting dry docked, the blokes just look at you like they have no clue why youd be upset

Picks+r, be great if they got what they deserved but more often than not get away without a care in the world to carry on with their obviously important existance on this planet. Shame about the flattie but I suppose you would be better off admitting defeat now than suffer further thrashings at the hands of one tbox :P

Mate i know that feeling all too well.... rewind not that long ago when a similar 'waker' dropped me and Ben and 2 iphones, rod/reel etc in the drink. Joke, joke, joke where are the cops when you need 'em?

on a better note, well done on the fishing.

sweresy

SO, SO, very angry...

I will not let slide arrogance any more.

Wakers have cost me twice now and I will fight to the death any injustice.

I won't go into a long-winded rant but if you are inconsiderate I will retaliate.

Back on topic, some nice catches and a beautifully written report. ;)

I have a big towel wrapped round my neck as a cape, my undies are outside my pants, a big "K" on my t-shirt and a determined look on my face. Let's band together grab a few hammers and 'check' the integrity of a few cruiser hulls at Jacob's Well.

Or, have a nice cuppa, and good night sleep. Tomorrow I can shop for a really good cape!

No surprises there really. Just disappointment that tBox did not provide footage or even a picture.

If you followed local history you would know the Jumpinpin is the shortened version of the original name Jumpinpinheadswakes. I believe it is Welsh; shortened so we Aussies could say it.

And here I was thinking Kreel had got into some serious wake boarding action and about to give him the 2 thumbs up, but its just a whinge about a guy and his boat ;)

Nah seriously that would have really sitted+h me if it was me and I would have gone off big time.

Some good looking fish caught though and loved the read.

Tough wake there Kreel :whistle: but atleast you guys got some good fish. And conditions looked great too.

When you get your cape and embark on your mission to maintain peace and justice in the waterways and all that, maybe hide this post. It contains Captain Kreels only weakness. A trebble to the finger. Wouldnt want that information getting into the wrong hands :lol:

Archived