brissy river bass

morty

Where abouts in the upper river;

There is a CLOSED season on wild bass, from 1st june to 31 August.

This is their breeding season and should be released.

I got 1 last week also in the river.

Not jumping on you or anything Just thought you needed to know.,

Nice fish also By the way

Post edited by: Lozzel, at: 2007/06/11 19:59

Hi Mack; not trying to start anything here ,but the way I read the rules it is No take.

Closed seasons - tidal waters

This page provides information on closed seasons in tidal waters. For information on closed seasons in fresh waters see Closed seasons - fresh waters.

Why do we have closed seasons?

Closed seasons prevent people from fishing at certain times of the year to protect species at vulnerable times in their life cycle, such as during spawning seasons.

Australian bass

A closed season applies to Australian bass throughout Queensland from 1 June to 31 August. See also the section on freshwater closed seasons (Australian bass) for information on taking bass from some fresh water during the closure

Closed seasons - fresh waters

This page provides information on closed seasons in fresh waters. For information on closed seasons in tidal waters see Closed seasons - tidal waters.

Why do we have closed seasons?

Closed seasons prevent people from fishing at certain times of the year to protect species at vulnerable times in their life cycle, such as during spawning seasons.

Australian bass

A closed season applies to Australian bass throughout Queensland from 1 June to 31 August except in and from waterways upstream of Baroon Pocket, Bjelke-Petersen, Boondooma, Borumba, Cania, Cressbrook, Fred Haigh (Lake Monduran), Gordonbrook, Hinze, Lenthalls, Maroon, Moogerah, North Pine, Somerset, Wuruma and Wivenhoe dams; Claude Wharton and Jones weirs; Isis Balancing Storage (Lake Gregory) and Clarendon, Dyer (Bill Gunn Dam) and MacDonald lakes.

Please correct me If I am wrong

Laurie

There is also a large section of the Brisbane River between Somerset and Wivanhoe. This is outside the todal reaches and therefore not in the tidal limit. Presently anything above Colleges is not really tidal. But even with rain there is no tidal flow from Mt Crosby Weir upstream. Assuming the bass was caught above this point, no worries.

Just wanted to point that out before this became a vigilante session. :)

Angus.

Basically any bass stocked dam and upstream of it are exempted from the closed season. The closed season applies to all other water ways, tidal or not. It can be confusing if you dont know where the stocked impoundments are.

IE You can take Bass from the Stanley River as it is upstream of Somerset dam, but you could not take bass from the foot of the North pine dam, as it is down stream of the dam.

Hi Angus are you sure about NP being a stock impoundment? last time i checked it wasn't. I could be wrong though, just checking because if it is i'll have to get a permit if i wanna check it out.

Hi Feral this might seem a bit ignorant but where is the foot of North Pine Dam?

Gordo

Archived