fishing in my boat

Oceandonkey

Anyone else found that people will come and fish right under your nose and think that its perfectly ok.

This boat pulls up at wello on sunday with like 5 guys on it about 100m away from me. it notices that we are catching fish and they arent so they pull up anchor and came over and literally anchored up so that allowing for current they would be 10m away from us.

At one stage honestly with a run up i would have been able to jump to their boat. then they had the hide to crank their 1970's sh*tarse heavymetal music . It was gold though because we continued to catch fish and they couldnt get anything and by we i mean my gf :( :woohoo: which in my books goes to prove that bait has alot to do with it, we were using fresh green king prawns ($9.99kg thanks bud otherwise i would still be using servo bait) and fresh squid. i dont know what they were using but we were catching fish and they were catching snags. then they finally got one and it was a grinner :evil: :whistle:

the worst thing was we were the only 2 boats there, they had the whole friken ocean and of course the only fish in the world are under my boat according to them. they ended up moving after about an hour (i think they were pissed that even when moving next to us they didnt get anything)

Just to anyone that does fish with servo prawns, go to your local fish markets and by green kings they are only like $10 for a kilo, alternatly you can pay $4 or so for like 400-500g of frozen crap.

id start my motor..pull up anchor as loud as i could...rev the crap outta the outboard.and do a do-nut outta there leaving them with nuttin. driving right behind their boat..yer mate..that sort of stuff is very annoying.....:angry:

mud island it happens all the time:angry:

I usually say to morons like that

hey you sure you dont want to jump in my boat your F%#&* close enough :evil: if they still persist I start casting sinkers or slugs at em :P

I bet theyed be the first to bitch if you did it to them

Gaz

Happens alot, but that is okay compared to what happened to us at Peel one day. A while ago, we were driving past Peel on our way to Straddie and we see heaps of Tuna schools jumping every where (at least 5), so we, in our quiet 4-stroke engine, putt as slowely as possibly over to the nearest school. My brother gets one cast at them and then these Bogans come roaring over in there 80's 2-stroke, drive right throught the school, over my brothers line and then have a cast at the Tuna. Needless to say the Tuna were long gone before his lure hit the water and we could have jumped from the stern of our boat and knocked their crappy engine off they were that close. They didn't even say sorry, they just roared off to scare the other 4 schools away from the bay forever.

One day I'm going to cast a metal slug right into the hull of their boats.

yeah it craps me when peeps fish under your nose. It happens a lot off jetties. If you catch a fish they will literally drop a line right under your feet!

:silly: PS $4/500g = $8/kg which is cheaper than the $10/kg you paid:whistle: but hey the quality of the packet stuff is generally crap! Are you buying Australian caught prawns at the markets? A lot has been said about the danger of foreign prawns:sick:

In some of the comps you have to have permission to fish close to another angler In the states in the Bass comps this applies thats why they have 225hp on their bass boats to get to some of those good spots in those huge lakes, (gentlemans agreement),I personly dont like doing it I get better satisfaction out of nailing fish that I sounder up my self.

Archived