13/06/07 North Pine

robski

After seeing the NP report from Stu and Plastic Man, I was pretty keen to give the spot I try for myself, as I been there before.

Didn't do anywhere near as good though. I got 3 mid size bass and two decent sized yellow belly, which pretty much made the freezing early morning and the long walk worthwhile.

I also thought I had spotted the Loch Ness monster right here in Brisbane, but it just turned out to be a couple of giant lungfish. Pretty cool to see, as they surfaced quite close to the bank I was standing on.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/img_307013yellow2.jpg

post-803-144598417948_thumb.jpg

Sorry..should have mentioned the lures. The smaller YB was caught on the purple/transparent G Vibe - the heavier weighted one, very close to the bank. The other YB was on the weighted green/silver/black-striped G- Vibe a bit further out.

Jimmybob, yeah, I always put them back. B) . I've heard they are a decent table fish though. Is that correct?

Oh, yeah, and I'm getting a bit tired of the smaller bass, so I don't really bother taking pictures anymore. I've been to NP so many times in the past month, I must be up to catching at least 40-50 of the smaller bass..

Post edited by: robski, at: 2007/06/13 14:03

Archived