A couple of recent sessions

ryanyoung

G'day all,

Over the past week or so, work has left me alone and actually given me some holidays B) .

This gave me the opportunity to head out for a fish a few times. The first session was a quick trip to Perrin creek on low tide with the girls, and we amused ourselves with catching toadies and a single small flattie.

post-5695-144598666731_thumb.jpg

It was a pretty relaxed session, with a few bust-ups that I couldn't convert, but still good to get out of the house.

The second trip was a paddle around Manly Marina, my target being bream and trevs, however managed these instead.

post-5695-144598666744_thumb.jpg

This fella has been in the wars, with this damage done to his tail.

post-5695-144598666749_thumb.jpg

and this fella.

post-5695-144598666754_thumb.jpg

post-5695-14459866676_thumb.jpg

He came in at just under 50cm, and was a bit of a surprise for that location. Sadly, there were no trevs willing to take my lures, and the bream kept on short-striking my plastic, even 2" shrimps....A common occurance for me, I feel I might be doing something slightly wrong....Any thoughts?

Anyway, back at work now, and with the weather the way it is, the fishing will probably slow down a bit :unsure:

Cheers, and thanks for reading.

Ryan.

Might have to be a bit careful in the marina, word on the grape vine is they are going to start enforcing the no fishing rule in there, this was said about twelve months ago so could be full of shit and probably is :unsure:

As for the bream it could be the small bream or even small moses perch nipping the tails, try tying a stinger hook on to find out.

Might have to be a bit careful in the marina, word on the grape vine is they are going to start enforcing the no fishing rule in there, this was said about twelve months ago so could be full of shit and probably is :unsure:

As for the bream it could be the small bream or even small moses perch nipping the tails, try tying a stinger hook on to find out.

Might give the stinger hook a crack Denis, cheers. I had a look for "No Fishing" signs around there prior to heading out, but couldn't find any. Maybe my eyes are painted on, or maybe I just didn't look hard enough :blush:

Might give the stinger hook a crack Denis, cheers. I had a look for "No Fishing" signs around there prior to heading out, but couldn't find any. Maybe my eyes are painted on, or maybe I just didn't look hard enough :blush:

Unless they have put some signs up since I've been last I haven't seen any at all, so we have a foot to stand on.

there are signs that declare it is operated by Port of Brisbane, so all the exclusion and fishing rules apply including 30m from the rock wall that surrounds the marina. Thats the way I understand the rules, but I doubt the water police are gonna be too interested in the drive down from Fisho's just to pinch you for what could be argued as having launched from either of the public ramps inside the marina and 'travelling' out.

great report mate B) when it warms up a bit will have to organize a shark trip for the kids, my girl is keen to get her first this year :)

Sounds good Wes. Miranda still talks about the shark she reeled to the shore two years ago at Kooka. Too bad it wore through the leader before we could drag it up lol!

couple of good little trips there Ryan, did you fish in the Marina itself? i've been wanting to have a crack in there but was unsure if you were allowed to or not

Yep mate, in the marina itself. As discussed, it isn't really clear whether it is allowed or not.

Cheers,

Ryan.

couple of good little trips there Ryan, did you fish in the Marina itself? i've been wanting to have a crack in there but was unsure if you were allowed to or not

Yep mate, in the marina itself. As discussed, it isn't really clear whether it is allowed or not.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Cheers mate, sorry didn't read the replies before I posted :)

Ant.

Last Edit: 2 hours, 37 minutes ago by Scope. Reason: Zim man Snoodles Manni

....... anyone seeing this? LOL

hahaha... Nice. I woulda missed that one.

ryan.... What size jighead you using ? Maybe go lighter to give them more time to take the plastic

G'day Henry,

I was using 1/32 and 1/40oz, I guess I could try unweighted?

Cheers,

Ryan.

Archived