winner of rugby world cup

kamarshark

Why don't you two put your money where your mouth is and tell us how much you lost when the world cup is over?

If you want ill bet you $25 worth of AFO products or voucher that NZ will go further than Australia in the RWC 2011.

Yeah and I'll let Mr K Shark bet you $25 worth of AFO products or voucher that NZ will go further than Australia in the RWC 2011.

Guys to be honest everyone is saying the Kiwi's smashed Tonga which the scoreline more or less indicates. But for anyone who watched the game, and based on ranking bwtween NZ and the other bro's I reckon NZ had some answering to do. I think it could be an interesting one.

Another team that thoroughly impressed me was the Japanese. The final score sadly did not reflect the game with Italy piling on a couple of tries in the final few minutes, but for a while there it was bloody heated and awesome rugby. Not a kicking game at all but serious quick hands and fast thinking. My main critism was the Japs played a very risky game but it made for awesome spectating.

Angus

Looked like a nervous start for all the heavy weights. Never underestimate the psychological factor for the all blacks. They have only won one and should have won heaps. Lots of pressure to win at home. And if they use the same referee that did the wallabies game, the kiwis might struggle with penalties for offside at the ruck. Whatever the result, I am looking forward to some great rugby over the coming weeks.

To be honest none of the big names have been all that impressive, the scores haven't shown the closeness of most of the matches.

Yes agreed.

Argentina's effort against England in fact is what made me concerned for Scotland in their pool. Although it would be awesome to see England bomb out :P

Hopefully the Wallabies will win or if not wouldn't mind someone else like Wales or Ireland or even France winning just to change it up a bit.

SCOTLAND!!!

Scotland went alright in '84 (I think it was '84). They played well in at least 1 game anyway. :whistle: :P

Yes well. In fact I reckon they often play well. For the first half anyway :( I have watched quite a lot of games where its been a close call first half only to see them thumped in the second. A memorable one was the world cup when it was here. Australia VS Scotland and it was even at half time. Australia came to beat them by 20 points or so though. By the way I am an aussie supporter but a die hard underdog supporter.

Anyway not complaining or suggesting they are doing it tough. I firmly believe that playing a kick ass full game is what seperates many "good" teams from an internationally world class team!

Angus

to say the truth is that none of the heavy weight teams played well in the first round, Digby is out (for how long??), Johnny W can no longer kick a ball thats not infront of the post, SA just out right struggled, NZ needs to put SBW back on the bench or a taxi home. Watch out for the Pumas and the Japs in the coming week!!.

Does anyone want to take the offer of a bet $25 worth of AFO products or voucher that NZ will go further than Australia in the RWC 2011??. I see alot of talking but no one wanting to put it up..

Mate I don't need $25 worth of AFO stuff...

I just want to see the poms and the French get smashed and a real minnow get up and surprise a more fancied opponent ala Samoa beating wales. Thought the pumas might have been able to the other night but unfortunately no.

Put simply... I think the real wunner on the day wull be the 'in zid' economy... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
to say the truth is that none of the heavy weight teams played well in the first round, Digby is out (for how long??), Johnny W can no longer kick a ball thats not infront of the post, SA just out right struggled, NZ needs to put SBW back on the bench or a taxi home. Watch out for the Pumas and the Japs in the coming week!!.

Does anyone want to take the offer of a bet $25 worth of AFO products or voucher that NZ will go further than Australia in the RWC 2011??. I see alot of talking but no one wanting to put it up..

Kamarshar,

I'll take you up on that BUT only if you are willing to accept my terms:

1) When the Wallabies play SA, if the Wallabies don't win, you win and I pay you.

2) When (/if) the Wallabies play the ABs, the following players: Digby, Pocock and Genia, must all play .... without those three we don't stand a chance. If they take the field, my terms are met.

that's my terms .... I would like to stipulate more players but I don't think that's fair.

The ABs are the best team in the world right now but they have peaked in my opinion while the Wallabies are on the rise, just have a serious lack of consistency that they need to address. I'd like to see Cooper remove the brain farts from his game .... he plays like a genius for most of it and then brain farts a couple of times. that said, maybe there is only a bee's d$%k between genius and lunacy.

Injuries are part and parcel of tournament play but we are suffering at the moment and to have any chance against the All Blacks, we need "go forward" players and those three certainly are.

Judging by your confidence Kamarshark, I don't think you'll have a problem accepting my terms despite how pedantic to you they may seem!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived