Kookaburra Park - 22/06/07

Bullrout

All photos in photobucket at

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i170/Cruzer60/

coz i dont know how to post them up!

Went out for a few hours this afternoon to kill some time.. Rising tide, my favourite! Launched at the ramp and ent upstream to the beach to cast net... got two big bloody mullet... kept them, they'll make good crab/dead baits... got several good sized gar and mullet, heaps of bony bream, and at one cast, about 15 little baby bream! They were a mission to get out of the net and back into the water!

Motored on downstream to the Jack Hole Reach, dropped a livey for anything big swimming by and a line with a strip of garfish on it, and threw them over the side while i played with some lures in the snags...

Couple of minutes later my little shrimp lure stops... and reverses direction with a nice 31cm bream... good fight on the light gear, there awesome fun, good solid fish, a photo and he was on his way back for next time!

Sat back, had a coke... Big rod wizzes away!! After a good fight.. I though i had a shark... it gets closer, and closer... School Jew! Good size to, i estimated about 35-45cm? hard to tell coz the bugger got off when i tried to get the net! The perils of fishing alone! I know there out there now coz thats the 2nd one iv'e seen, so i'll focus on them a bit more next time!

Little while later, I put my over head out with a strip of gar so i can sit back and enjoy a brew, wasnt to be though, with a double hookup.. they really suck when your by yourself! I reeled in a barely legal bream, and a freshwater eel. ANd have i mentioned how good these all fight on the light gear little drag.. WOOHOOO!!! Awesome Fun...

Couple more little bream, No catties surprisingly, and it was starting to get cold, me still recovering from the flu decided to go find somewhere where the sun was still up. Trolled over to long beach, got hit by another massive bream, about 33cm... Just pure muscle... that was a great fight! Snap snap and he was back in the water again.. Got to the beach, threw the lines out, strips of gar again, and remembered instead of guessing the sizes of the bream i'd caught earlier, i actually had a old ruler sticker for the boat i rescued from home that i forgot to put on, so as i was sticking that on, my little rod bends over and another little, 21cm bream.. Ah well, he'll do as the first one to measure on my sticker!

Left em biting , it was cold, headed back to the boat ramp, threw the boat on and went home to revive my frozen toes. (10ft cast nets in 10ft boats make lots of water!)

Final note, did any one here seriously know that computer screens float? I have photographic evidence!

I'll be out tomorrow!

We can't see the photos on photobucket because it says it's a private album (doesn't allow guest logins)

To post a photo on the board, you need to do the following:

When you're at the page to make a reply, underneath the text box where you type your message is a section that says \"Select Image file to attach\" Click on Browse and then select the image you want to post. Then just hit \"Submit\" when you're finished and want to make the post.

You have to make a different post for each image you want to post.

There is an image attached showing which button to press [img size=467]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/pressthis-cc7f76df2e9fd59dd5a606e33751e3c5.jpg

Edit: also note, there's a 500x500 pixel size limit on all images. You'll have to scale down the pictures in order to be able to post them.

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2007/06/22 18:51

post-126-14459841869_thumb.jpg

Archived