Brets/Kooka 24-6-07

Lozzel

Off to an early start,wind & rain all the way to the city. 4.00am start met Kriso & Jordon at Bretts Wharfe.Rain has stopped things are looking up.

Jordon (being Jordon) took us to a spot a little futher up river,down here he says and off he goes. Now I dont mind rock hoping, but straight down a verticle wall wet & slippery is not for me in the dark. So back to Bretts, Jordon went off home to get more gear and minor surgery on his foot(Slipped on the wall he did).At this time ASH arrives ,intros done,Not a bite by 7.am so packed up and went to Kooka,at least we could get a cattie there.Settled in on the beach at the top end of the park.Livies out (the same ones that were swimming at the other place for 3 hrs) Kriso landed a \"monster bream\" that was to be the Fish Of The Day.Nothing touched the livies, so went home & picked up Glenda.Put out the livies again still nothing on the UP tide, not a bite.All this time Jords is sitting 2 shark rods,not a touch untill we were packing to go.Jords gets a small run on the rod but no hookup.

All in All another good day out.

Jordon arrived with \"The Big Gear\". [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSCN0699.JPG

post-742-144598419078_thumb.jpg

HAhahaha nice one guys!

Viperon: Thats an eel bait mate looking a bit mutilated.

Jordan & Lozzel: Do you think that bait might have been walked off by a big crab? OR was it a quick shark like run. Just from my experiences at Kooka, that just looks like a crabbed bait to me.

Angus.

P.S. Im predicting some good trips there in summer :)

Jordan wrote:

na gus the good thing with the eels baits is the crabs dont generally touch them, the run was on and off for a while and it was carrying a sandbag which im sure is more than a crab could do.

Fair enough then!

I had crabs bloody towing my snapper leads around Kooka. Kept thinking it was runs. But they were slow and sporadic. Also based on teh condition of the bait i was sure it was crabs. Mullet was just mushed as opposed to sliced and bitten if that makes sense.

Angus

Angus; The first run was short and quick, by short about 10-15 mts came off. By the time I got to it and went to pick it up it stopped.A couple of short runs with Jordon after that. But no joy this time.

Good practice for summer season thou.

It would have had to be a world record crab to have draged that sand bag that far. ;)

There was a photo taken of the bream, but I dont think it'll get posted.

monster bream :laugh: what name do we have for ones over 15cm then :laugh: it was posted by ash in the photo section in middle river section im the fat dude with a bream my hand covers up. we laughed cause it was like the xxxx fishing comp add a little piddler takes the prize! and no i didnt get to sleep on the lie low.

going back this weekend for a night trip with lozzel and jordan probably cause hes keen as mustard for shark again. doesnt want to do any swimm trolling there for some reason :P

Archived