Favourite combo?

Howie

Hay guys and girls

Just looking through the never ending list of new gear being released and at the same time the list of things to get seems to be never ending as well :P

So I ask the question: What is your go to combo for you favourite type of fishing and why?

Mine is my favourite ever reliable bream rod of stradic 2500 with 4lb stren microfuse and 2-4kg bream finesse raider. Casts like a dream, great feeling throughout the long length yet very strong and feel really nice in my hand...just my favourite set up to use.

Shaun

Whilst I love my damiki rods, my fave combo is my pontoon 21 2-6lb 7.5 ft with supreme xt reel on 3lb, all my snapper this season came on it, I have two of those model rods and love them, the other has a ci4 2500 on it.

the rod is the bottom one in the pic. top one is another pontoon rod

post-2016-144598693364_thumb.jpg

it has a ton of backbone and dominated these guys

post-2016-144598693404_thumb.jpg

post-2016-144598693372_thumb.jpg

post-2016-144598693382_thumb.jpg

Whilst I love my damiki rods, my face combo is my pontoon 21 2-6lb 7.5 ft with supreme xt reel on 3lb, all my snapper this season came on it, I have two of those rods and love, the other has a ci4 2500 on it.

Hey Zim, are these rods available in Aus? I've been searching for a while but haven't been able to find anything.

Cheers.

My favourite go to rod is my t-curve 2-5kg and have it matched to a stradic fi 1000 spooled with 5lb power pro. The rod is really sensitive but you can put a great of hurt on the fish and the reel is so sweet especially for the price.

I love t-curves to! I mean i have used them but never owne one :( looking at getting one though. How do you find them when casting light HB's or SP's?

Shaun

My favourite go to rod is my t-curve 2-5kg and have it matched to a stradic fi 1000 spooled with 5lb power pro. The rod is really sensitive but you can put a great of hurt on the fish and the reel is so sweet especially for the price.

I love t-curves to! I mean i have used them but never owne one :( looking at getting one though. How do you find them when casting light HB's or SP's?

Shaun

Yeah no dramas with the light lures

Samurai 101 with Luvias 2000. I use this rod way too much and in stupid situations, but its just way too fun when you hook up to something that you really shouldn't target on a 2-4lb stick...

I actually feel sorry for all my other setups now that I own this rig, at least there is no chance of them getting broken now that they hardly get used...

Favourite is definately my Lox yoshi 1-3Kg 7"6 with Stradic 1000fi and 6lb rockfish. I use this for finesse hardbody and really light plastics for bream, whiting and flathead.

But these are some of my other favourites...

post-7718-144598693352_thumb.jpg

Daiwa seajigger 315 with heartland 4000 and 20lb daiwa surf braid - rockwall/beach plastics and metals for tailor, jew, bream etc.

T-curve "T" series 3-6kg with Caldia 2500 and 10lb super pe - medium pastics for jewies, jacks, tailor sometimes use this as bait rod.

Berkley tourney pro II with shimano aernos 2500 and 10lb toray radius - lihgt plastics, mainly for bream and flathead but sometimes for bass.

I love to see what others are using, so I can copy their ideas!

I think my next combo will be a nordic stage sharpshooter with a '11 caldia 2000, 3lb sniper fc straight through for poppers and small blades and vibes

Cheers!

favourite combo?? hmmmm... probably my FCLLabo and Stella 10000. I have only really used the combo once, and wont' use it again for a while but its just such an awesome kit of hardware.

But for bream and the likes - stella 1000 and Sharpshooter. Crisp, finesse and a whole lot of fun when you hook any fish.

Archived