The rock shines again

tugger

It was a perfect day weather wise and the fish played the game to for us early with only the unstopables the only thing to frustrate us. We ended up with some good live bait with slimie mackerel floated out and set while we sent down pillies and Zane had some frozen slimies as well to floatline. We bagged out pretty quick on snapper and a good size moses perch was also added to the chilly bin

The whales were everywhere again breaching and just cruising past to add to the day that just kept getting calmer. The only thing today to take the livies was a big hammerhead shark 2m plus that was eventually tamed and released. After we pulled the pin we ended up on the beach at amity for a cold beer and a chat this is where Brad is staying for 2 weeks

Back at home we knocked the fillets off the fish while sinking a couple more coldies to end a top day out

Heres some photos of the day

post-4390-144598702764_thumb.jpg

post-4390-144598702778_thumb.jpg

Stradiebrad nearby

post-4390-144598702772_thumb.jpg

The final tallie

post-4390-144598702782_thumb.jpg

Good size moses perch

post-4390-144598702787_thumb.jpg

the weather was unreal today, and the fish played the game as well. you dont usually get it both ways!!!

there are some absolute brutes of fish running around those rock canyons surrounding boat rock, and they definately know how to play the game to their advantage once hooked, doesnt take long!

thanks for a top day out mark!

Time for a tld50 2 speed with some 100lb braid maybe... and some gym sessions.

yup i think so!!! i have only got my tyrnos half spooled with 300 metres of 50 pound plus the mono backing. im going to buy some heavier braid to top it up!

they have won the battle but not the war! :silly:

nice haul tuggs just got a text from nathan hes down south working ???? slash fishing our old hot spots kiola in nsw caught 40 legal snapper on plastics day 1 biggest 4.5kg went out out for 2 hours today landed 16 snapper biggest just over 5kg have to catch up for fish mate real soon great haul again

He would have doubled that if he used bait :whistle:

Yep we'll have to catch up

In 2 weeks we're camping at wavebreak island for 2 nights

nice haul tuggs just got a text from nathan hes down south working ???? slash fishing our old hot spots kiola in nsw caught 40 legal snapper on plastics day 1 biggest 4.5kg went out out for 2 hours today landed 16 snapper biggest just over 5kg have to catch up for fish mate real soon great haul again

Mate the old man was fishing bait in his boat 50 m away they got 20 legals but the size was no way as big haha I'll get you fishing plastics one day my old man said the same as only baito but he fished plastic first time ever today and is hooked he landed 5 crackas one just over 4 kg

Archived