bay today 06.11.11

eg_vtec

went out to the bay to fish around the beacons today. weather was great with waters nearly glassed out. fished for around 3 hrs using prawns, pillies and slugs. ended up catching 2 undersize school mackeral and 2 legal ones at 55cm. also got around 100 whiting. good day out with a good feed for the family.

thanks for reading

hai ho

5duxop.jpg

mv4x2u.jpg

Nice work mate, just wondering what king of rig you use for the whiting, as I've never actally targeted whiting before and thinking about giving it a go.

cheers

Mick

we just use bait jigs with bait on it. around 2-3 hooks. prawns cut out to same size as corn. works a charm

Great feed hai-ho love the whiting fillets and good to see a few more macks showing up in the bay but just for the mackerel next time cut there throat and bleed them helps with

the eating quality.

Booty they look like diver or winter whitting they don't have a size limit but have a bag of 50 perperson

nice catch mate schoolies are very thick in northern part of the bay at the moment, but spotties have not arrived. Spanos reported in good numbers around noosa as they feed on schoolies not long boys get your halcos ready or troll your schoolies. i think what people are hinting at in the pics that you have a mix of winter and summer whiting winteries defined by there spots, we all no the size and bag limits for both sorts they look like winter whiting to me. Enjoy your feed mate. :)

Archived