Accessories for a 3.51m tinny

doss

Perhaps take a trip or two in it without accessories added, then you can work out the best location for things like rod holders and sounder unit. Some lights if you will be doing any night fishing would be handy, storage pockets for used lures/bits and pieces are also a good idea, I chuck everything I've used in the one spot on the yak so I know what I've used and what needs replacing. Check out Khoi's (51MPL) thread there were heaps of good suggestions in that.

A sounder is a must. What sort of fishing do you do? If you are a lures man, then a floor and casting deck should be your first call, and an electric when you can afford it. don't bother with a bimini. That was one of the first things I did, I went for the smaller size so it left the front casting deck uncovered, but it is still impossible to fish lures with it up

bookshelf for the mags ;)

have to agree with ant though, take it out a couple of times and you'll start to get a feel for where you want particular things. it helps as you start to get accustomed to where you stand where you like to sit, etc. kind of annoying to sit down and find a rod butt sticking in your back.

post-5844-144598744646_thumb.jpg

post-5844-144598744654_thumb.jpg

post-5844-144598744661_thumb.jpg

I'm about 80% done with my tinnie mods. Just finished running some led strips under the seats and up the front yesterday, the lights under my sounder are much brighter and run on a seperate circuit. Also installed a cd/mp3 and am fm radio yesterday too and some straps for some basic tools etc. thought I'd put up a pic or two. one thing i do like is the cup holder/ glovebox in your tinnie, def gonna get me one

......... where you like to sit, etc. kind of annoying to sit down and find a rod butt sticking in your butt.

First I have heard you complain.

Yea take it out, put your pliers where they are in reach, put yous knife where you want it and just move stuff around till you are comfortable and then look for storage ideas to secure the stuff.

Little known fact, that is how McDonalds designed their first lay outs by pretending to serve, make burgers etc and someone drew chalk lines around their feet to space out counters and that. It was done on a tennis court and it rained that night and they lost the lot so had to start again. And yes, even today they are still pretending to serve and make burgers (not that I would know though as no reason to go there anymore) ;)

[attachment=45685]boat003.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=45686]boat002.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=45687]boat001.JPG[/attachment]

I'm about 80% done with my tinnie mods. Just finished running some led strips under the seats and up the front yesterday, the lights under my sounder are much brighter and run on a seperate circuit. Also installed a cd/mp3 and am fm radio yesterday too and some straps for some basic tools etc. thought I'd put up a pic or two. one thing i do like is the cup holder/ glovebox in your tinnie, def gonna get me one

That is basically what im thinking of doing but adding a set at the front and a camera stand at the front, thanks heaps for the pics man!!

Archived