Qld Weapons Licencing branch - thanks for nothing!!

The Mad Hughesy

My brother is getting married this august and we were planning on going on a hunting trip for his bucks party. My brother has had his firearms licence for quite a while and was about a month late to renew it, so he had to re-apply for it.

He lodged his application in mid February…its now almost June and he rung up today and is told his application isn’t even in the system. I lodged mine in the beginning of April, so I have no hope of getting mine anytime soon…

So now given the time frame for us to get things organised we have had to cancel the hunting trip which we have both been looking forward to. It has always been his dream to go out on a hunt, and to do it for his bucks party would have been really special.

So thank you QLD Weapons Licensing Branch for ruining this.

It is an absolute joke how long it is taking to get a weapons licence. What gets me is the 28 minimum waiting period before they even look at your application. Given how long my brother has been waiting and it still even in the system to be processed, he has been waiting for a ridiculous amount of time.

as much as i hate to say this, but this is not uncommon. i waited nearly 4 months, my dad 3 months. when i bought a new rifle this yr, the 28day period turned out to be a 61 day period. i have headr people say they do this on purpose so that in hope you get the poops and cancle. another said its due to an influx of aplications and permit to aquire. but i put it down to fow the government industy is run. everything ,oves at half snail pase. i know exactly where you are coming from.

look give me a call i might be able to hook you up

Mine was in my hand in 37 days, how they did that I dont know. I have had pleanty of hassles with them in other areas though. My advice, dont just call once. Ive been on the phone to them while waiting for a pta to come through in the shop, the guy behind the counter was also on the phone chasing it up and we both were getting diferent stories from the two weapons licensing people. One saying its being faxed now, the other unable to find any record of it. Just keep calling until you get the info you need. If they get up you for it just say, Im not sure about you but I take being a weapons owner very seriously and need to know where this is at.

Blah blah.. at the end of the day, like Kurt said its the government. I reackon they walk into work in the morning throw all the applications up in the air and whichever ends up on top they start there...

It's been 2 years since we have received an updated list of firearms we have. We have acquired 20 Firearms since the last printout. Also we have ordered a

Stock for an anschutz 17hmr and it was ordered in February 2010. It's now may 2012 and we are still stockless....

Pat

mine is an occupational requirement and often goes well over the grace period and I then need a letter from them to keep working. They know in my case that if I can't work because of heel dragging from their end, they would then have to compensate my lost earnings while I go fishing. Hasn't happened yet but came close the last couple of years in a row

• 5 months later...

Archived