More green zones - maybe today

Yeah looking at the map it looks fine.. dont see a problem with it at all.. Looks like its way out offshore so as jarryd said will be just to stop netters and trawlers.

What will happen with the Trawlers, will they close or fish the waters closer in? everything the Government does has an impact and effect.

The commercial sector are going to be offered compensation as it is a total closure for everyone.

There is a 100 million compensation package on offer.

The biggest worry of this is there is talk of the states also making adjacent waters into marine parks and if that happens everyone will be locked out.

This will spell and end to the offshore charter operators as well who work the GBR wide.

It doesn't look too bad. Could have been a lot worse. The only real areas completely excluding recreational anglers are hundreds of km off QLD.

The habitat protection and conservation zones allow recreational fidihng with a limited number of lines and hooks. Its good that the multi million dollar gamefishing industry in north QLD will be allowed to continue operating as new zone just off the continental shelf only excludes commercial fishing not charters and recreational fishing as was originally wanted by the greens.

It doesn't look too bad. Could have been a lot worse. The only real areas completely excluding recreational anglers are hundreds of km off QLD.

The habitat protection and conservation zones allow recreational fidihng with a limited number of lines and hooks. Its good that the multi million dollar gamefishing industry in north QLD will be allowed to continue operating as new zone just off the continental shelf only excludes commercial fishing not charters and recreational fishing as was originally wanted by the greens.

I didnt hear about this stuff, Cheers Dom. Im not as P%*#*ed now. Im a believer of sustainability so im ok with limiting use of areas, less lines etc. Its when they decide that they are going to 100% lock out half the ocean its a bit silly.

hows this for a definition - "Limited to one line/rod per person on board the vessel with one hook per line on board the vessel for line fishing and three lines per person when trolling."

how the hell do you manage that. you drive through the area with rods on the boat you can be fined. How many people know which rod they are going to use - I for one always take about 4 rods and change them for different species. Bloody public servant boffins.

hows this for a definition - "Limited to one line/rod per person on board the vessel with one hook per line on board the vessel for line fishing and three lines per person when trolling."

how the hell do you manage that. you drive through the area with rods on the boat you can be fined. How many people know which rod they are going to use - I for one always take about 4 rods and change them for different species. Bloody public servant boffins.

I think that its just very poorly worded and the usual regulations for yellow zones apply.

e.g. If there are five people on board you are allowed to fish with five lines whilst in the yellow zone. If a rod is stowed it doesn't get counted.

I think that its just very poorly worded and the usual regulations for yellow zones apply.

e.g. If there are five people on board you are allowed to fish with five lines whilst in the yellow zone. If a rod is stowed it doesn't get counted.

hmmm may have been the intent but it is definitely not the meaning of the sentence

Archived