Deckie Whore Regaining Mojo

pancakes_and_haggis

We'll after getting sick of constantly hearing of a mate of mine continually cleaning out the Morton Bay knobbies i gave him a call on the way home from work this arvo and asked if he'd take me out so i could regain some of my Morton bay mojo!

He said he had been out this morning and had planned to go again tomorrow at 3am, after twisting his arm, he finally perked up with " ok, ill take you out but if you loose a good fish at this spot and spook them you owe me $50.

Left Wello at 5.30 and back at the ramp by 8:30..

Used 5 baits, landed all three we hooked!

I got an 85 and a 75 he limped in with a 67!

IMG_1587.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1584.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1579.jpg

cheers then

Don't think we did too badly!

BTW these are the 16th and 17th fish over 70cm to hit the bottom of his stink boat in the last 13 days! All from the same spot.

Thanks

Deckie Whore!

When you texted me i thought to myself hes soo full of it lol. I thought you were talking about jewies.

Thats some big snapper man.

I thought i was cleaning up in river until i got your msg haha

We got over 20 legal squire in few hours.

When you taking me to your spot haha.

Shane

Sorry mate I thought y guys knew this weeks game was too late for me??

See bagging out on big snapper only takes couple hours n I'm home by 830 :P

We assumed you weren't coming coz it was still pretty late even when it changed, i'd rather be landing horse snapper lol :)

I've reported this thread to moderators as offensive :pinch:

And the rule is it doesn't count if caught on bait.

In that case Tomca we'll let you break it to Tugger that he's never caught a snapper (that counts) at his rock .........

Cracking snapper Callum. If your mate ever needs a deckie tell him I'm keen and I'll even bring a back up GPS in case his breaks down .......

Hey Callum,

Monster snapper mate. :ohmy: New to fishing in QLD and had to leave all my gear in the UK.... Only been out twice with my mate's boat up near Mud island and caught a few squire and parrots.... would give my right arm... actually left arm to catch something like that. Would appreciate any pointers by PM.

If you or your mate fancies some ballast for the next boat trip, give me a shout, ambition to catch one like that, so that I have to hold with both hands.... rods etc can be thrown away then.... bucket list ticked... well done mate, great fish.

Cheers

Peachy B)

he has exceeded his bag limit then mate, only allowed one snap over 70 cm, I reckon you might find if you stretched that one out and didn't have it off the matt with the tail fanned out you would have three over there too in your first photo, better hope fisheries don't check ya, just saying.

maybe you should educate your mate on bag limits callum

i also cant see the mentality in finding a good spot such as this one that produces, then all you do is just give it a hiding every second night??

maybe its just me but...........

Your right, he must get sick of continually catching awesome fish. Many are the time when I'm on a hot bite and catching good fish and think to myself ' this is stupid, I should go to peel Island and catch Vermon '

Archived