Diesel in a Petrol Engine????????

crazywalrus

Diesel what Diesel  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Diesel what Diesel

• Ellicat
    • Shortie

oooohhh dear! that is not good!

Saying that a mates retarded girlfriend filled his Hilux diesel with unleaded and it ran!!! :huh:

It wasn't healthy but in started, she made it home spluttering, he drained it, flushed it and then filled her up with diesel and she runs great.

But it can't be good hey!

Saying that a mates retarded girlfriend filled his Hilux diesel with unleaded and it ran!!! :huh:

Doesnt sound right, one of my mates filled his Landcrusier ute with petrol and started it, within a few mins it was revving off the clock right before it blew up....

I have heard a little bit of premium petrol is good in a diesel tho, maybe a litre in with a full tank of diesel cause it cleans the injectors etc

Really!!!! You reckon it would detonate the engine!?? :ohmy:

He must have had a liter or two still in the tank but she wasn't healthy that's for sure...he said it was spluttering all over the shop and the servo is just around the corner from his house.

I believe my mate as he is a chemical engineer so I reckon he knows his stuff....

It wasn't healthy but in started, she made it home spluttering, he drained it, flushed it and then filled her up with diesel and she runs great.

I'm suprised she could put petrol in a diesel car. The petrol hose is bigger than a diesel hose so it wouldn't have fit however where there's a will there's a way

Results wont be as catastrophic as putting petrol in a diesel.Dependant on how much petrol was in the tank. May clog filter but should run as there would have been enough petrol in the lines for the motor to warm up.

I used to work part time delivering drums of fuel at miles and used to drain all the empty 44 gallon drums of petrol,diesel and power kero and run my morris minor on the mix. Used to be hard to start on winters morning if too much diesel and kero in mix but cant complain when its free.

Worst part was filtering the water and rust out of mix.

Cheers

Ray

I'm suprised she could put petrol in a diesel car. The petrol hose is bigger than a diesel hose so it wouldn't have fit however where there's a will there's a way

I DID state that she was/is a RETARD!!!!! No disrespect to the female race but she does them no favors trust me.

I DID state that she was/is a RETARD!!!!! No disrespect to the female race but she does them no favors trust me.

lol

Enter many expletives here.

Yes the diesle nozzel on the low flow pumps fits in an unleaded tank.

This poopoo happens after driving a patrol diesel for 6 years.

Realised before trying to start the car.

There was a mechanical workshop at the service station where i filled up. Talkied to the owner and they were to take the fuel tank out empty and reinstall it.

Got a phone call today saying "We cant get this thing going come and get it"

No other explaination than that.

Get the the garage and ask what they did.

didnt remove the tank as was supposed to happen. They said they tried to get as much diesel out as they could. As there is no drain in the tank and the tank is syphon proof.

Looked at the fuel gauge it was reading full. I had just put 40ltrs in the 70ltr tank.

All the did was top up to full with unleaded and try to start the thing.

No bloody wonder why it wouldnt go.

Had it towed elsewhere to get the tank taken out.

Had an argument with the original garage about them not performing the work that was asked of them.

POO POO happens. Hopefully back tomorrow working again.

God knows what the cost will be.

All the did was top up to full with unleaded and try to start the thing.

No bloody wonder why it wouldnt go.

This is a massive F up on their part. Id be chasing them for the cost of damage if there is any. Car was working when you left, just had the wrong thing in it :lol:

No different to you handing me a cup of tea instead of my preferred coffee, but instead of tipping it out and replacing, i just drop the cup..... :ohmy:

Happens all the time, we once had a bloke fill his merc diesel with petrol and watched him cough and splutter his way to the mechanic across the road in a cloud of smoke, then he had the hide to come back in and try to blame us for dodgy fuel and demanding we pay the repairs :huh: :evil: Needless to say when we produced a copy of his receipt showing he put petrol in he ran off with his tail between his legs :lol:

And I voted for Brian before I read the second page of the thread, might leave it, it's bound to happen one day :whistle:

Was it BP diesel?

The BP Fuels Guarantee is more than just a statement. In the unlikely event that you experience fuel-system trouble due to the use of Amoco Ultimate®, BP Silver (mid-grade), BP Regular or BP Diesel, we'll reimburse you for the repairs. Simply call us at 1-800-333-3991 to report the problem. You'll also need to provide your BP fuel receipt and mechanic's repair bill. We'll review your claim, and any BP fuel-related repairs will be reimbursed to you.

Cheers

Ray

Archived