Tri-fectaaaaa Tunaaaa

pancakes_and_haggis

Mid week the offer came up to hit up the wide grounds off morton with Ted and Jared and I couldn't think of anything i'd like to be doing more on an ekka holiday than just that.

Well tuesday had arrived and Jared was having some problems controlling his arse hole so unfortunately he had to drop out and Jeremy jumped in.

Tuesday night i decided to head straight over to Teds and lend a hand getting the crazy walrus ready, after a huge cleaning mission she was looking good to go and the carpets were resembling their origional colour!

Checking the weather on tuesday night gave us a nice little suprise on the BOM to find that the winds were up to 15-20 knotts but not to be deterred we were off oin our way a little after 4am Wednesday morning

Got to Bribe and made our way up around the Cape in some choppy conditions but once around the top end, we were excited by instant bird action, first cast in on a less than suttle 40g slug and I'm on!

Well, holding a stradic 6000 and a 5-8kg spin stick running 30lb this fellah didnt really stand much of a chance, but fair play he went hard and delayed his capture by 10 odd minutes.

post-8891-144598841796_thumb.jpg

Next up Teds hooked up on a little 2500 running 10lb, is on for about 2 seconds until he realised the drag was perhaps a little on the tight side for his 10lb and POP! :angry:

Having travelled all the way up there we decided to leave the tuna for now and head over to shallow tempest where we were happy to find a heap of kingies stacked up on the sounder so down went the jiggs and pillies but they wernt interested!

After a while we left and headed wider over to deep tempest and worked seriously hard in the wind with the drift anchor , but could only slow our drift down to around 4 knotts.

We couldn't raise any tasty scales out there a few sergent bakers and undersized snapper but that was all.

After a good few hours we all kinda got over it and the call as made to head back to the tuna ground and find our smiles again, but on the way the skipper makes an awesome call to head over to hutchies!!

The whales were all over the joint with their usuall tricks of popping up here and there and then sometimes RIGHT THERE! haha

WELL WHAT A CALL THAT WAS!

We were the only boat out there for the afternoon and the tuna were on , left ,, right ,, and centre

In the middle of the mayhem Jeremy hooks onto one which got angry, very angry very fast! Being on the 2500 we had to give chase to this and after a decent fight going on for 20 minutes up pops a yellowfin!! A yellowfin in winter ??

post-8891-144598841816_thumb.jpg

post-8891-144598841806_thumb.jpg

Well as the schools got bigger there were multiple double hook ups and 2 triple hook ups! hahaha that was mayhem but the end result was all good!!

post-8891-144598841823_thumb.jpg

Ted had decided to move off the plastics for a while and onto a slug the move paid off, hooking up to a nice bonito that decided to spit the hook as Jeremy gaffed it, sending the slug back towards us as a million miles n hour! But with the bonito int he boat the TRI FECTAAAAAA Tunaaaaaa was complete !!!

Well we decided with a fair few tuna in the esky that we would head for home!!

Once home it was only right that we restored the crazy walrus to its origional condition so half an hour was spent at the local car wash, wahing the crimson carpets! The colour comming out the back scupper was a nice shade of red still after 20 mins of washing!!

post-8891-14459884183_thumb.jpg

post-8891-144598841837_thumb.jpg

Final tally

post-8891-144598841843_thumb.jpg

Cheers ted for a great day, great company Jeremy as always!

Callum

yeah it was rather blowy up the cape in the morning. Turned out great in the middle of the day but I would not have wanted to be out in a small boat in the morning.

Nothing better than chasing Tuna like that lots of excitement.

Same as boat rock we were smallest boat out all morning. It was rough as gutts. But the fishing was insane.

It was good going there once you pop your head off point look out it was a washing machine.

I cant wait to go out again

Great read Callum although I have an issue with some of the wording ...

Well tuesday had arrived and Jared was having some problems controlling his arse hole so unfortunately he had to drop out and Jeremy jumped in.
post-2889-144598841974_thumb.jpg

Just one more thing Ted what's going on with your girlfriend's hair?

post-2889-144598841976_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived