Daiwa Night @ Fish Head 23rd August

Angus

Hey everyone!

Just a quick one I thought a few people may be interested.

Post AFTA show Fish Head have secured some of the new Daiwa gear for 2013.

There are awesome new reels including a new Dog Fight and new models of Sol among other things.

Anyway the Fish Head doors will be open Thursday from 6:30pm and Pizzas and drinks will be put on as usual.

The gear will be displayed and information given and if its anything like other Fish Head nights will be informative and interesting.

AFO members all welcome!

Angus

post-63-144598844243_thumb.jpg

post-63-144598844251_thumb.jpg

A massive report on the AFTA show by Mick Hasset can be viewed here: http://micksgonefishing.com/

Really Mo?

Personally i'm not a fan at all of the new range, at best the new Sol and Luvias look ok but if what i hear about the retail price is right we're all in for a big shock.

Maybe they will grow on me but for now i can't wait til they come out and people upgrade so i can get my hands on some more old model steez and certate's.

What do people think of the new Daiwa reels?

I had a play with the newl uvias, sol, steez and exist at AFTA and they all felt ok - the biggest let down's for me: they all share that same design around the spool/bail-arm thing and the retail price their going to come out at. Like i said maybe they'll grow on me but for now :(

394440_10151078969087918_1855446348_n.jpg

I wouldn't fork out for a new release reel anyway. I think as long as the old steezes and exists are around $500-600 its happy days! Maybe they will come down even more if we're lucky???

I wonder when we are going to see a new certate? Not that I would fork out for a latest model, but it would push the prices of the '10 models down.

I noticed that a few months ago the wise people started selling their used steezes for around $450 - and now they can get a brand new upgrade for $50! Clever! :P

Personally I didnt like the old Sol aesthetically at all and thus never owned one.

I think the subtle features such as new handle and carbon fiber feature on the spool is mint.

Mechanically speaking? Whatever. But aesthetically I am a fan.

It won't steer me away from a Shimano stable, but it gets a nod of appreciation.

Angus

Archived