Well..... This is weird ... Deformed atomics

Runty66

Id bet you have left your tackle tray either in the sun or in a hot car at some stage?

Even if this is the case, they shouldn't do that.

They should replace them.

It will also be good to let them know of this particular defect so that they can fix it for the future.

If you leave any injection molded lure in hot enough conditions it will deform, happens to most of us once.

Just email them Runty with the pics, they'll probably send you new ones and maybe a couple extra for the hassle - in the whole scheme of things a handful of lures for them to replace is nothing.

I suggest next time not to put a blow torch to them trying to mold a new shape :kiss: :kiss:

Here's the link to the contact page on their site http://www.frogleysoffshore.com.au/contact/

Plenty of deformed fish out there. Give them a swim and see if they swim OK. Who knows, maybe you will have a gun bream lure now. I don't think they will replace them as it is quite obvious that they have been left in a hot car or similar. I certainly wouldn't replace them if it were me.

I once left my jackalls and mask vibes in my car for a week in summer. Parking my car outside all day at work the vibes melted and the jackalls all looked pregnant. Over $300 worth of lures I lost due to my own stupidity. I certainly didn't try to blame the manufacturer and get my money back as it was my own stupid fault.

Learn from your mistake and move on.

Have had the exact same thing with jackalls, afew emails sent and all I ended up with was your fault for leaving them in the sun so its your fault, not exactly what I expected to happen from the head honcho himself

True, if that happens wont be buying atomics ever again then.

Didn't leave them in the car, just was in my tackle box in my bag with all my other lures when i was fishing.. they All came from the same shop, so im thinking a bad batch of them or something? becasue i had other atomics in there that were fine

Have had the exact same thing with jackalls, afew emails sent and all I ended up with was your fault for leaving them in the sun so its your fault, not exactly what I expected to happen from the head honcho himself

Didn't leave them in the car, just was in my tackle box in my bag with all my other lures when i was fishing.. they All came from the same shop, so im thinking a bad batch of them or something? becasue i had other atomics in there that were fine

Mate EXACTLY the same thing I had a heap of cranks sitting in full sun light last year in the tinny all soets of brands too only the jackalls blew up and sent Harry Twatson afew emails and whiped me like a dirty arse he really didnt care less. Now I just import my jackalls from overseas and get two for the price hes seling em for.

Mate EXACTLY the same thing I had a heap of cranks sitting in full sun light last year in the tinny all soets of brands too only the jackalls blew up and sent Harry Twatson afew emails and whiped me like a dirty arse he really didnt care less. Now I just import my jackalls from overseas and get two for the price hes seling em for.

Wow that is super gay then, thanks for letting me know

A mate of mine had a Luckycraft Sammy split open from just minor sun exposure, he sent them an email about the lure and never got a response. I would say you will get the same from Atomic as how are you going to prove they weren't sitting in the sun for weeks on end.

cheers tim :)

interesting. I can see both sides to peoples opinions here.

It's sorta like saying you should send your gulps back to gulp when they dry out... but you just live with it because you know you shouldn't do it. Maybe a warning on their packaging would help their issue?

Yeah i can see both sides, but feel hard one by as thats like 50 buck plus worth of lures

It's sorta like saying you should send your gulps back to gulp when they dry out... but you just live with it because you know you shouldn't do it. Maybe a warning on their packaging would help their issue?

Yeah i can see both sides, but feel hard one by as thats like 50 buck plus worth of lures

I lost about 300 bucks worth :huh:

I lost about 300 bucks worth :huh:

yah i would be ragin haha

I think the difference here is that you expect gulps to dry out in the sun, but you wouldn't expect hard bodies to melt.

Runty, check out this post on Bream Master Forums http://www.breammaster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20125

More specifically the post by Hyper Tackle.

If you don't ask the question of them, well you never know the answer - will only take a few minutes to contact them and see what happens....

Runtman lucky it was an Atomic and not a Carpenter Gamma 200

cheers tim :)

a bit of perspective - runty is still in school. $50 worth of lures might not seem much to you, but it is a fair amount when you're still in high school.

but yeah like i said - i can see both sides. I'd be pissed off that they melted in the sun. Just a write off of $50 worth of lures. It sorta seems counter-intuitive when you know that lures could be in the sun for at least 1 whole day. C

Dolphontana - that's kinda my point. Expectation isn't there. I was a little surprised when rod tubes bend if sitting in cars for too long in the sun. You kinda wouldn't expect it, but it does happen.

I think the difference here is that you expect gulps to dry out in the sun, but you wouldn't expect hard bodies to melt.

Runty, check out this post on Bream Master Forums http://www.breammaster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20125

More specifically the post by Hyper Tackle.

Interesting..

Soo.. to sum it up, dont bring lures with you on hot days when fishing :pinch: haha

Thanks for the link

If you don't ask the question of them, well you never know the answer - will only take a few minutes to contact them and see what happens....

of course. not arguing that point at all.

Sorry - i think my post came across as if i'm more on the manufacturers side. Personally - i wouldn't be the happiest.

let's see what the dudes come back with.

Last summer I had a tn50 Jackal on one rod and a daiwa bass lolly on the other up at Borumba on a particularly brutal day. Both lures swelled and the daiwa split on top like yours while in the rod rack either moving around or fishing with the other rod. Sent them both an email and was told not to expose them to so much sun/heat. And I had 2 berkley hardbody lures rip out the rear hook loops, sent an email and was told "we have never had such failures before" and to try my luck where I bought them.

I doubt you will get much love

Last summer I had a tn50 Jackal on one rod and a daiwa bass lolly on the other up at Borumba on a particularly brutal day. Both lures swelled and the daiwa split on top like yours while in the rod rack either moving around or fishing with the other rod. Sent them both an email and was told not to expose them to so much sun/heat. And I had 2 berkley hardbody lures rip out the rear hook loops, sent an email and was told "we have never had such failures before" and to try my luck where I bought them.

I doubt you will get much love

Pretty disappointing experiences with the manufacturers, I would have expected more than just "it's not our problem" maybe this happens more than I expected and they just can't be bothered dealing with these issues

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but no the face of it you don't have a claim, 'not fit for purpose intended' or otherwise. Drop an email and a couple of pics to the company and you might get a reply of sorts but at the end of the days its not a manufacturing fault but that of the consumer.

You can't leave your icecream in the sun and still expect to enjoy it hours later.

the co. in question should replace them in good will....after all the best form of advertising is word of mouth (or a forum) so i would explain that they were in your tackle box and after an hour or so of fishing you went to change lures and found them like this..... the same thing happen with a few Sebiles while i worked there but it was only confined to a few lures.... Sebile looked into it and i was sending the fisherman replacements.....no questions asked ! they even went to the lengths of putting a few in the oven and monitoring the temp. and raising it slowly. generally it only happens to a bad batch because my lure box sits in my car all day every day and ive never had an issue. ( touch wood ). with that said just send an email and explain yourself , no need to get heated and im sure they will come to the party......if they dont then let them know that you are disappointed with the outcome and im sure they will feel the consequences as you let people know what happened and they decide not to buy them either........a small ball rolling will soon turn into a big one....a big ball that a co. doesnt generally wish to see! just my thoughts ! hope it all turns out for the good

Archived