Carp Buster Comp - Wyaralong Dam SEQ - Saturday March 9 2013

StevenM

LAFMALogo.jpg

Hi Guys

I think the below is pretty explanatory.

The comp is being held at Wyaralong Dam on Saturday the 9th of March. Some great prizes on offer with more coming on line. The dam is located between Boonah and Beaudesert in SEQ and is being looked after by the Logan and Albert Fish Stocking Group.

I have attached the document for those who wish to download for yourself. All monies raised to purchase fish fingerlings.

The Dam is not part of the SIP so its up to mugs like myself to raise money from events like this and a million chook raffles to get fish into the dam. We just recently released just under 50,000 bass into the dam last week.

So get behind this. Its not win the cattle station type thing, but a bit of fun removing carp from our waterways and trying to restore the balance.

Carpcompflyer12.jpg

yep camping is still free, but very limited. There are about 8 level sites all squashed together on 2 terraces. Parking on the access road, about 20m from the camping area. The rest of the camping sites are very steep, pic attached. And no shower facilities, just toilets.

there is another camp ground about 5 km away accessible by yak or mountainbike. It has a bit of shade and toilets also.

post-1039-144598904691_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
You can take the big boat Ted, just can't fire up the big motor. Electric only. The ramp is pretty long, but wide enough and ample trailer parking as well.

You don't need to go far I have seen plenty of carp right at the ramp cruising the edges.

Ramp is a lot shorter with the dam being at 100% Its the walk to the car park that will be long.

Cheers

Ray

You can take the big boat Ted, just can't fire up the big motor. Electric only. The ramp is pretty long, but wide enough and ample trailer parking as well.

You don't need to go far I have seen plenty of carp right at the ramp cruising the edges.

Ramp is a lot shorter with the dam being at 100% Its the walk to the car park that will be long.

Cheers

Ray

that photo of the ramp on page 1 is at 100% Ray, the walk won't get any shorter than that.

post-1039-144598925351_thumb.jpg

post-230-144598925424_thumb.png

post-230-144598925452_thumb.png

BOAT RAMP

[attachment=59761]IMGP3632.JPG[/attachment]

I will have a new born by the end of February and I think an overnighter will be out of the question for me, so I'll do a prefish in the next couple of weeks

Tom this is what I was comparing it to. Taken when at 80%

Cheers

Ray

First up, great cause here to all involved, really good work. I've just sold me car but if I've got a bike and my licencing done by then, I'll bring a travel rod and hit it. Been trying in the logan recently, huge amounts of carp in there, average of 10-12 per 2 hour session, all on bread. Be interesting in a dam environment

Brad

Archived