Few Jacks of late...

sweresy

Thought i'd share a few images of some recent Jacks we've been getting into. Although not monsters, the numbers have been there this season (for a pleasant change) and trying a few new techniques has also proved successful. Fish have come from the Coomera River system as well as Noosa.

Anyone that regularly targets these angry fish will know how satisfying it is seeing that red flash come up!! Jack fishing is SUPER addictive but can be frustrating at times with monumental dust ups leaving you speechless and wishing you could reverse the clock back about 3 seconds... Anyway many thanks to Doobsy on the camera ;) cheers for reading

Sweresy

post-4796-144598905754_thumb.jpg

post-4796-144598905762_thumb.jpg

post-4796-144598905771_thumb.jpg

post-4796-144598905778_thumb.jpg

post-4796-144598905789_thumb.jpg

post-4796-144598905796_thumb.jpg

post-4796-144598905806_thumb.jpg

Thought I'd chuck in a couple from this morning as well...

The action was pretty good, with a couple of thrown hook-ups, follows, surface smashes and a few boated including a PB for me at a beastly 30cm... :dry:

Saw a few others out hunting including two boats and a few 'yaks. Pretty busy down the Coomz, especially with the water at 30 degrees.

Anyway, a successful mission... ;)

post-4593-144598906142_thumb.jpg

post-4593-14459890615_thumb.jpg

Good to see you getting amongst the jacks fellas and yeah the Coomera is the place to be at present I'm up to about eleven for the season out of there with only four being legal and the rest just pups but still fun. Do you guys fish any particular tide down there as bottom of the run out seems to work best for me, run in equals bugger all.

Cheers

Mark

Toonie and I were in the Coomera canal today as well. Did you see 2 asian guys in a small tinny?

Don't think so mate. We were off the water by 9.

We were in the water by 430am and got out around 920am.

This is my 2nd jack trip in the Coomera, both unsuccessful. Going back again n try.never give up.

Hey Cookie_7,

We've had soo many trips with a zero result. I think fishing for Jacks can be one of those things that can be nothing, nothing, nothing then bang!! Monday arvo i fished for 3 hours without a single bump then had a hit, pulled line (30lb) on a solidly locked drag and bust off. Whole thing took bout 3 seconds. So was obviously very frustrating :(:angry:

If it helps, lately I've been fishing light (6-8lb) and have been getting a lot more fish although they are small by most standards. I don't care though; it's the challenge. Definitely better fishing seems to come on the low/ rising tide either very early or late. Good luck mate, it's just a matter of time till you score ;)

Hey Cookie_7,

We've had soo many trips with a zero result. I think fishing for Jacks can be one of those things that can be nothing, nothing, nothing then bang!! Monday arvo i fished for 3 hours without a single bump then had a hit, pulled line (30lb) on a solidly locked drag and bust off. Whole thing took bout 3 seconds. So was obviously very frustrating :(:angry:

If it helps, lately I've been fishing light (6-8lb) and have been getting a lot more fish although they are small by most standards. I don't care though; it's the challenge. Definitely better fishing seems to come on the low/ rising tide either very early or late. Good luck mate, it's just a matter of time till you score ;)

thanks for the info, will bring 2different combo set up on the next trip.

Archived