Stolen Boat 18-1-13

Dubbzy

Got this off the Morton bay charter facebook page - Today

Hi everyone my boat has just been stolen from pimpama on the gold coast around 8-9 am 18-1-13 rego is VP666Q it is a one of a kind boat it is a Cranks Craft center console if you may have any info please call chris on 0450 725 626

post-2093-144598909244_thumb.jpg

Low lives!!

I hope you get it back or insurance pays up.

I'd hate to have to park my boat in the front yard!!

I wonder if there's an alert system that could be built into boats that would boat warn the owner when it's moved illegally and will allow the boat to be tracked!!

If you see it , don't tell the cops, tell a few guys on here and lets bash the buggers.

fyi depending on how much you want to spend and how committed you are, but put a Android or Iphone in your boat, make sure you have the have the tracker enabled, that way if your boats gets stolen, you will have a good chance at tracking it down, after the last time someone broke into my car, I put one of these phones in my car, I figure if they don't steal the car, then might steal my phone and I will be able to track them down.

My mate has told me that there were 9 boats stolen in 24 hours down that way , Chanel 9 are doing a story about it and will be talking to the owner of that boat soon. Poor bugger had no insurance god help the dogs if the boys down that way get hold of them

I am really sorry to hear about what happened to you. I leave my boat in the front yard with a lock on it (it won't fit anywhere else). I have the gates closed and a car parked across the driveway (we have 2 cars). It is insured... but what has come to the world in so much that the brazen people that commit such crimes.

Real shame about the boat mate...

The reason they commit such crimes is because the efforts put in by those tasked to find it and the consequences if caught are an absolute joke. These aholes need to be knee capped as a penalty not just slapped on the wrist, It would be pretty tough to steel another boat or car again if your dragging you dead beat sorry a** around in a wheel chair. Remove the voice of the do gooders I say as their doing no good at all... :angry::angry:

dassa - Nothing stupid about my comment, it's common sense. You can't have anything valuable in your front yard these days without having it insured no matter how many chains and locks you have on it.

Ted - Didn't say i don't feel sorry for the bloke, but if you can afford a nice boat than why not get insurance on it. It's like buying a lamborgini and leaving it sitting in the front yard with no insurance, you wouldn't have it for very long.

cheers tim :)

Isn't it a bit stupid having a nice boat like that stored in your front yard with no insurance :whistle:

your a goose for makin that comment!!

if you were even half switched on i still dont think you wouldnt under stand.

A boat of that caliber being a one off and all. I sure you would find it hard to get insurance,Iam almost positive that the bigger marine insurance mobs would turn there nose up at a boat like this.Its such a shame really cause that boat nearly bought sexy back and now look at it :(

other blokes i know who have full custom boats cant get insurance.

i think even Efishency had trouble insuring his boat and its a plate boat

Isn't it a bit stupid having a nice boat like that stored in your front yard with no insurance :whistle:

your a goose for makin that comment!!

if you were even half switched on i still dont think you wouldnt under stand.

A boat of that caliber being a one off and all. I sure you would find it hard to get insurance,Iam almost positive that the bigger marine insurance mobs would turn there nose up at a boat like this.Its such a same really cause that boat nearly bought sexy back and now look at it :(

other blokes i know who have full custom boats cant get insurance.

i think even Efishency had trouble insuring his boat and its a plate boat

Agree Mick - I had difficulty getting insurance for mine. QBE would not touch me.

Archived