iPhone forum view

AZZA

AFO hasn't viewed correctly on my iPhone for ages. I can see the left third (approx) of the page only and cannot scrolling to the right. That is in the MOBILE version.

When I switch to Desktop Version (button at the bottom of the screen) the page loads as it would on the computer, and loads properly. The only downside is you have to do a little scrolling around, but at least the loads properly and you can read the whole page.

I disable the mobile page on pretty much every site I go to, I think they are a waste of time.

Would it be possible for Admin to just disable the mobile site altogether? As it doesn't show the whole site there is not much point having it, the desktop site is easy enough to navigate on mobile.

As a side note, I own 3 websites and only bothered building a mobile site for one of them, I am currently testing to see if the mobile site improves sales and it hasn't shown any differance in sales, although I think people are staying on the site longer. I would be interested to hear peoples opinions on mobile versions

woody, most of the time I loathe mobile versions.

I find a lot of mobile versions are cut down editions of the real page, so you can't even access (easily) half the stuff you want. Given most smartphones/tablets etc display the full page properly anyway, why change it? The only reason I can think is for bandwidth/speed loading issues. Unless you're in whoop whoop or for some other reason have poor 3G coverage (and soon to be LTE) the websites should load reasonably quickly. This of course is excluding image or video intensive websites.

Archived