Durahub, yes / no

AZZA

Hello, I scored some b'day cash :cheer: & rather then spend it on good toys [rods, reels ect] am going to do the right thing :pinch: and do some preventive matainance , so wheel bearings it is, as I have a trip up the hiway to Monduran at end of month:woohoo: .So was wondering if anybody has used the durahub system or should i keep the bearing buddie's.:unsure:

I have one durahub and one bearing buddy on the other side of my hydrofield trailer. I regurally submerge my trailer to launch so that the entire wheel is under water and have had no problems so far. I lost one durahub somewhere in my shed so wacked on the bearing buddy.

I do not pump any extra grease into the bearing buddy anymore as I found it was blowing out the rear seal.

I prefer the durahub as you have a visual indication if something is wrong. Both systems rely on the integrity of the back seal to keep the water out and with the dura hub you can check the oil level and colour without removing the hub. You do have to wipe the accumalated gunk off the perspec to check.

Archived