Finally got a sounder

Aaron H

Woohoo, smashed everyone in the work footy tipping so $400 for me that the missus doesnt know about;) . Went and bought a Lowrance x 52 sounder for the little tin can to help find those bait and bass schools:woohoo: , Now for the hard part, about to open it up and think about installation:unsure: It can't be that hard can it?

Mate you should not have told me that cause next time you catch more fish then me she might just find out.:evil:

Good job on the tips.:)

Intall is easy but read the instructions before you attach it to the boat, not after.;)

Be careful drilling holes and plug up any mistakes.:ohmy:

What are you gonna use to mount it on. Do not mount it direct to the seat, you might want to put a timber or rubber cushion down. Maybe a bracket on the gunwale?:cheer:

Do you want a hand?:unsure:

Screw the sender unit to a piece of 100x15mm board, use a G clamp to pin it to the back of the boat. Leave mount clamp on sounder unit so it sits on seat, or mount to the top half of a removable rod holder.

Did mine that way to see where I wanted to permenantly mount it, still using it like that, love being able to pull complete unit out of the boat and put it safely in the shed.

Archived