Fishing on Sunday, Who's heading out?

Bi_polar

It was pretty average mate. Nothing like trips last weekend. I fished by myself all day as my deckies were both crook and in cabin all day.

We ended up with couple of good snaps, pearlies parrot , aj and a big cod.

We had 1 good bite time around mid day and i reckon if other two fished we would have filled box.

I made mistake of coming in close in the end. I should have stayed wide. Oh well. In close was more lumpy and current was roaring.

We got that bight period too shane...the baits would just hit the bottom and get smashed.

I changed over to circle hooks about 12 o'clock and my hookup rate increased by 400%

We were up at round patch for a while and didn't do good up there so we came back to that reef system a bit further south....there were some good shows with lots of fish there

I dont use circles anymore lol. I have lost faith in them. I prefer mustard gangs or big guns. I can stike too. Circles i cant.

I found few good spots driving around that i know will produce fish. Just not yesterday.

Its hard fishing by yourself all day lol.

No one really did well yesterday. Guys on radio reckon saturday went off and fish just shut down yesterday. I wonder why.

We had no current all morning and after lunch current was ridilicous. Had mates iff gc and it was opposite. They fished morning and they reckon current in morning was ridiclious and it calmed down mid day.

fished the 33's had my snapp bag by 9.30, we kept the under 40's alive in the livie tank and upgrade till we had all over 40cm..the snapps chewed there heads off till around 10.30...not sure where you fellas here are fishing but its been the same every trip I do to the 33's....maybe try dropping down your leader and main line size to increase the hook-ups/ bites...by the way I don't fish any heavier than a 1 ounce sinker which is just under a 4 ball sinker

Yeah Bri, that was us.

Rosco, i tried dropping my leader down to 30lb and changed to circle hooks and the bites and hook ups increased dramatically.

This is the second trip out checking out all my old marks and getting my finger back on the pulse, so a couple more trips and i'll have it sussed i recon.

mate mustard big gun hooks is what I use and have got shano onto them as well...I use either 5/0 or 6/0 hooks...I use 25lb whiplash pro braid and normally either 20 or 30lb leader..stradic 5000 reel and a 5-9 kilo veritas rod...

Rosco, do you just float a bait down with light sinkers, that's what I do but not sure if im in the zone in the deeper water.

yeah bri I just floatline ,just keep droping down till ya hit the bottom,i normally slowly let the line out once I have got between half way to 3/4 the way to the bottom say let out 15mtr of line then pause it for 10 seconds then let it go again for 15 pause for 10 and repeat till I reach the bottom,once I have hit bottom I wind in and repeat the process.i very rearly pull up without a fish on....normally I use 1 ounce up to 75mtrs then I goto 1.5 ounce..its not uncommon for me to have 200-250mtrs of line out at a time..just remember if you think u got enough line out let another 50 mtrs go

cheers rosco

Archived