Bluefin Lake Maroon Fishing Comp 15-17 November 2013

Sports

Hi Rayke, I am after some advice on what type of lures to use at the lake as I heard that you are the 'freshwater guru' and from your posts, you are the king of bass. I have never fished in freshwater before except a few times learning how to fly fish. Do you need to be in a boat - if so I will rent one of the tinnies available at the site. Thanks in advance for your help.

I am a live bait fisho use live shrimp 99% of the time so cannot really give anything except generic advice re lures to use.If you have a roof rack or access to a trailer I can give you a loan of a viking tempo with a bow mount leccy and basic sounder.

Cheers

Ray

• 3 weeks later...

We're going to have to give this a miss after all, I had planned to make this weekend my birthday celebration along with a few other nembers' :( we just bought another house today and settlement is on the 22nd so we'll be packing up and getting this joint ready for rental.

I hope the weekend is a success for Sports Tuition and no doubt we'll catch up with Steve, Mick and the usual AFO suspects at wintercamp.

I really hope one of the AFO crew win the tinny, so good luck to all!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So who is coming to the event? I will be there with two other families. I am aiming to go out there on the Thursday afternoon to setup and get a spot for all of us. Let me know if you want me to try and keep a spot for you.

I have it at present as

Crazywalrus and Boys

Family one and girls

family two with son

Jeremy and Rihanna

Angus and Tanya

Boydy and Partner

Hi there i will be going out on Thursday as well only myself so wont take up to much space thanks.......PS when do we pay for the shirts thank you

Looking to camp on the flat area on the right near the front gate before you go up the hill.

Steve Wilkes from Sports Tuition. "Sports" on here. I think you needed to order them but give Steve a call.

So who is coming to the event? I will be there with two other families. I am aiming to go out there on the Thursday afternoon to setup and get a spot for all of us. Let me know if you want me to try and keep a spot for you.

I have it at present as

Crazywalrus and Boys

Family one and girls

family two with son

Jeremy and Rihanna

Angus and Tanya

Boydy and Partner

Legend Ted.

Ill be there early Friday to help with the land grab.

Angus

Gotta do grade 12 graduation ceremony with young bloke before I head off, so wont be there until well after lunch friday.

missus not happy that I'll be away and she has to go get young bloke from the formal friday night and drop him off at schoolies saturday morning.!

Burning some serious brownie points!

Just got word that the Ipswich-Boonah Road is full of roadworks and has at least 5 stops along the way. Best bet is to head down the cunningham hwy and into boonah via the Boonah-Fassifern Road.
Try getting to Boonah from Beaudesert on a weekday! Bloody ridiculous, there's about 6 or 7 sets of roadworks from Mt Lindsay Hwy on :evil:

Archived