mj's around toowong?

buzzid

viperon i was at a construction site at st lucia. has its own pontoon and a heap of rubble, concrete blocks fallen trees and mangroves. will be going there a fair bit over the next few months so i think i'll chuck a rod in the truck and looksy.

jamie..

well i can see no reason why they wouldn't venture up that far, like you said roobs everything else does. they can adapt to freshwater so that won't put them off, seems to be plenty of feed for them and i've caught them in murkier systems than the brizzy.

jamie

Oh if you only want photo;s from that far up, Gerty has a great pick of one he got about 300m upstream from Breakku creek at Newstead. Its about 45cm and he got it on an SX40 while chasing bream. Lucky!

Very dark colouring and great looking fish.

Angus

Yeah well over the summer it might worth investigating. You would think with all the people live baiting for threadies that one might be caught as bycatch.

There is some hardcore structure further up though. Like where The Island pulls up and at the old powerhouse (now the Tennyson developement). Its be worth some checking out i reckon.

Worst case scenario, by catch of salmon or jew or whatever else.

Angus

Archived