Good luck charm

Luvit

I received my 2 new Nordic Stage shirts on Friday (Thanks Angus) and knocked off work early on Friday to see if they would make me a better fisherman. That wouldn't be hard starting from a low base.

I headed to a spot I had not fished in a year only to find the water levels were so low and grass/weeds had grown on the river bed. It was that tall it was over my head and it was a bit of bush bash to get through. I decided as nobody knew where I was and the thought of coming back in the dark I abandoned the idea and headed back to

the car. Hope some rain come soon to flush the systems out.

Then I stopped at a little spot close to home as I had very little time left. I launched the yak and third cast produced a nice surface caught bass. I had promised Angus if I caught a fish I would post it. Well trying to get the shirt in the photo with the fish by myself was not easy task, so here it is.

post-11868-144599029111_thumb.jpg

Rather than risk dropping the phone in the drink I didn't take anymore photos of the other 3 that I caught that were all about the same size.

I wanted to try the Zerek shrimp lure I bought which is only 5cm long. First cast this small bass jumped on it. I think it will be useful where there is no current and working through the snags.

post-11868-144599029121_thumb.jpg

Saturday afternoon I headed off with the kids to see if we catch a bass 50km from home and we fished for 3 hrs without a hit from a fish on either the surface or deep diving lures. So the answer to the question is No. The shirt has not made me a better fisherman, but at least I look better.

Kids found some lures so they were happy.

Thanks for reading.

Archived