New Trailer - Maintenance

ONTHECHEW

I have just bought a brand spanking new shinny trailer for the galey. Question is, I will be selling the Galey in less then 18 months and I won't to keep the trailer as new looking as possible. Looking at maybe spraying the entire trailer in a rust preventative, Dunbier trailers suggested Inox. Looked at tectyl but leaves the trailer discolored, any suggestions would be great.

Andrew

I would definatly recommend Lanox or Inox.

I have had a 20 litre drum of Lanox for years and used it on a few trailers over the years and when you want to sell it just pressure clean it down and it will look like new.

You can buy it in 5 litre bottles

Was pretty going to spray the entire thing inside and out with Inox, think I would have to re-apply it once every couple of months. Would a pressure hose get it all off and leave no discolouration?

Andrew

I did my tinny trailer a couple of months ago Andrew and it's still on there but a little dusty after our Borumba trip.

Make sure you spray a heap between the angle iron suspension mounting that runs from front to back that bolts to the chassis. I have a pump up pressure bottle full of it and whenever i see a bit that needs doing a just give it a quick spray.

Archived