Missed Threadie

Malcolm

I wasn't going to post this but I guess some may be interested.

Put the tinnie at Fig Tree Pocket Sunday arve about 3 and started trolling with the free Timber Wolfe hard body I got with a magazine.I trolled all the way up to 17 Mile Rocks while watching my sounder,as I got very close to rocks it was about 1.5mtr deep so I started heading back into the deeper water and I felt the lure hit the bottom and again and again then the real started screaming:ohmy: and I nearly soiled myself:dry: to put it as nice as possible.So I was driving the boat to stay with the fish and mainly to stay out of the rocks which I was right next to at this stage, after about 5 minutes I saw it and thought its a Bullie it went again for a small run and then I had it up beside the boat it was a big fat thready,:woohoo: had to be a metre long easy. I reached down for the net which probably wasn't going to cut it anyway and with a little flick he was gone lure and all.:(

I then sat down to compose myself which took a couple of minutes and then fished for a couple more hours with no luck and headed home before the storm hit.

Mal

Malcolm wrote:

Viperon could you grab them by the mouth or the tail?

Sure u can Malcolm! They do not have razor sharp teeth. Even breams have sharper teeth than threaddies! It's more like a catties mouth, but prob a lil rougher that's all, sandpaper-ish.

And don't worry about getting ur fingers chomped off too, coz I used my hands in the big threaddie's mouth I caught recently and they're still working fine!

As well, if u can grab the tail by all means, jus that they tend to be wet and slippery, hard to get a good grip. Plus tat's where most of the thrashing power comes from, so grabbing it by the mouth is much better!

Do not lose hope mate! At least now u know how to handle them, so let that lost one fatten up on a few more prawns, get him the next time! And make sure it's a 20kg and 1.5m!! U'll be a AFO hero in an instant!!!

Archived