Another nOOb

Azareb

Hey everyone, first post here. Long time casual fisherman, never got too into it but really started to get pretty keen with it all of late.

Lived in Broome, Darwin, Melbourne among others and have fished many more places. Now residing in Perth.

Scored an old Savage 10ft for FREE from a mate. So I'm looking forward to restoring her to her former beauty. Motpr doesn't run but I will look into getting it fixed

Anyway great fourm ya got here and I look forward to the learning curve B)

post-14384-144599045515_thumb.jpg

post-14384-144599045535_thumb.jpg

Hi again guys.

So I want to remove the paint on the tinny and hopefully polish the outside of the hull, the inside can remain as is after paint removal.

I looked into getting it soda blasted but they want $700 for the job :ohmy: , as I got the boat for free I am not too keen on forking out this amount as I can get another tinny for that price :dry:

Any tips on removing paint the easy way that doesn't cost a fourtune? I suppose after I buy all the gear to strip it manually I estimate I will be up around the $400 mark and it would probably take me a few weeks if I did a few hours on it per week, I'm in no rush to have it done and would have to save up for either way.

I have a few hours a week to strip it myself but I beleive the inside would be a nightmare to do given all the ridges on the outside creating voids on the inside.

Should I just bight the bullet and get it soda blasted or undertake the stripping myself?

Archived