Fishing Havens - worth striving for ....

kmcrosby78

G'day all. Noticed this (link below) on Ausfish (I'm a lurker ....) and have just signed up to it and flicked them my $10 to become a Gold Suppporter and help the campaign. No idea if they are any chance of achieving success but for $10 I'm willing to find out. In essence they are trying to get netting banned within 400m of the coastline in Moreton Bay, which equates to about 3% of the bay, which sounds very reasonable to me.

Anyway, please take the time to have a quick read and at the very least hit the TAKE ACTION button and/or like them on Facebook. I'd love to think that when my sons take their kids fishing in 30 years time the fishing off the beach will be better than it is today!!

Cheers, Kelvin.
/>http://www.keepaustraliafishing.com.au/index.php/campaign/moreton-bay/moreton-bay-info

thanks for posting Kelvin. Who is behind this? Nothing on the website.

That would be the industry body representing companies that sell tackle to recreational fisho's.

- obviously they don't represent anyone who sells any kit to commercial fishermen B)

/>http://www.marinebusiness.com.au/news/push-for-moreton-bay-rec-fishing-haven-ramps-up

another ‘the voice of the rec fisho`s’ organisation, group of people, who have a financial stake to look out for.

One of the group is a fishing mags editor who frequently floats the idea that rec fishing groups should jump into bed with sPEW whenever a ‘mutual’ environmental concern may arise.

Call me cynical but, sometimes I question if our ‘voices’ have the average mum, dad and a couple of rug rats, fisho families interest at heart. When ever compromise is called for, everyone starts at the lower end and fights hard not to surrender those, on the next level up the line.

Archived