new to fishing bris river

rumrunner

:woohoo: hi

my name is ian i am a very keen fisho/ boaty!!! i am 28yrs old im engaged to a beautifull blonde banker Helen and we have a beautifull baby boy Damon!

i recently lost my licence due to being a motor mechanic for high performance imports and street racing cars! so i shut down my business of 7yrs to be a full time father to my 15mth old son Damon! well so far its great i got myself a 5.2mtr coxcraft rumrunner and rebuilt the outboard wich is a 150v merc 2 stroke. and now i have all the time in the world to practice my fishing and teach my son how to fish aswell!

i am in the process of customising the rumrunner for more comfort!

i have allready raised the seats by 4\" to give us a much better veiw resulting in no more sore back syndrome! i also put storage boxes under the seats aswell so no more looking at life vests!

i put in a mp3 player and furono sounder! and i compleatly re wired the thing for peice of mind, i also added an extra battery and isolator switch also for peice of mind and i have allot more to do yet!

so i hope this tells all of you enuff about myself? if not just ask me !

WElcome aboard mate!

Maybe we could make a AFO edition of Pimp My Ride :P

Mate if you troll (pun intended) through the old Brisbane River fishing reports you are sure to pick up loads of useful tips. Also you may be interested in the upcoming Brisbane River Classic. This will be a great chance to get out with fellow local anglers and have some fun.

Once again. Welcome aboard!

Angus

i think i mite find a few mates on this forum!

my good friend phill is the best 1st mate in town he is always keen for an adventure and loves his fishin as much as me! the reson he wont touch some fish is because he has been taged before! and he didnt know if grassy's had tags(spikes)or not? so we take the mighty red towl for him and he is cheerin!

rumrunner wrote:

hey angus?

just a quick question when i reply to people should i quick reply, reply, or quote? not to sure ?

Hey mate. There is no \"rule\" regarding how to reply. Quick reply is simply there for convenience. If you wish to achieve the effect i have in this post, thats \"Quoting\". I like doing this myself as it links the reply directly to whichever post it may be regarding.

Cheers.

Angus

Angus wrote:

rumrunner wrote:
hey angus?

just a quick question when i reply to people should i quick reply, reply, or quote? not to sure ?

Hey mate. There is no \"rule\" regarding how to reply. Quick reply is simply there for convenience. If you wish to achieve the effect i have in this post, thats \"Quoting\". I like doing this myself as it links the reply directly to whichever post it may be regarding.

Cheers.

Angus

thank you angus! your a good bloke!

this is what i was looking for!

Gazza wrote:

Welcome aboard mate

You do realise your trapped now and will soon form the habit of reading the forum daily muhahaha :woohoo: :)

Gaz

Don't worry just enjoy and learn:)

thats what im here for ! to learn i mean,

im glad ive got someware to ask questions and get genuine answers!B)

Angus wrote:

WElcome aboard mate!

Mate if you troll (pun intended) through the old Brisbane River fishing reports you are sure to pick up loads of useful tips. Also you may be interested in the upcoming Brisbane River Classic. This will be a great chance to get out with fellow local anglers and have some fun.

Angus

thanks again angus!

yeah i was thinking of having a go at bris river classic and that is how i found this site:)

im not to sure if i will enter or not? as i dont know the brissy river at all!

i have been out there 3 times now and only fished the sunken wall and the rock wall and drifted north of the rock wall, with only the rock wall producing good fish! but as they say there is only one way to learn .

as for the pimp my ride idea i will post some pics of my boat and everyone can see the progress!

it will be pimpin when im finishedB)

rumrunner wrote:

Angus wrote:
WElcome aboard mate!

Angus

thanks again angus!

yeah i was thinking of having a go at bris river classic and that is how i found this site:)

im not to sure if i will enter or not? as i dont know the brissy river at all!

i have been out there 3 times now and only fished the sunken wall and the rock wall and drifted north of the rock wall, with only the rock wall producing good fish! but as they say there is only one way to learn .

as for the pimp my ride idea i will post some pics of my boat and everyone can see the progress!

it will be pimpin when im finishedB)

The compeition is designed to suit skillful and ammatuer anglers alike. Hence categories such as catfish. Quite honestly, if you fish the river, with a peice of squid pretty much anywhhere, you are a serious contender for a prize! At least in the catty category.

There will also be a lucky door prize and best team uniform :)

My point is, your personal level of fishing skill should not be what determines your participation :P

Angus

jimmybob wrote:

welcome rumrunner....be sure to get out on one of our get togethers...so where do you fish mainly mate?

that would be great:woohoo: !

i love going out with other boats!

i usualy use rudy maas marina at cabbage tree point to launch and head to the jumpinpin! i have alot of good reliable spots out there!such as kalinga banks, crusoe island, short island and the old trusty powerlines! but my problem is here! i dont eat eastury fish so hence the move to deeper waters to feast on some reef fish and the main target snapper and cod!

thanks for the welcome jimbob!

Gazza wrote:

Welcome aboard mate

You do realise your trapped now and will soon form the habit of reading the forum daily muhahaha :woohoo: :)

Gaz

i think your on to something there gazza

after joining the website it makes you want to read the forum every day lol

jeff f wrote:

welcome aboard romrunner

love your choice of boats they're a great hull

yes i do agree! but the main reson i purchased 1 was because of the cabbin they are so much bigger then other boats in that price range and i need a big cabbin for my little boy to play around while daddy works hard on his fishing!

the only downfall is they are a bit of a wet hull at high speeds exess of 80kph !

and have a low transum witch is bad for reversing out of ramps snd anchoring! but it could also be the driver hahaB)

whatnow wrote:

Gazza wrote:
Welcome aboard mate

Gaz

i think your on to something there gazza

after joining the website it makes you want to read the forum every day lol

what every day ? try every 30 min!

Welcome mate.

Throw together a thread with some pics next time you are working on the boat. I am in the process of doing up an old fibreglass boat, and would love too see what others are up to - bet you have a few tricks up youre sleeve with outboards.

You might also find that some of the members here have some good ideas for you're boat.

Catch you on the water

Woody

woody1 wrote:

Welcome mate.

Throw together a thread with some pics next time you are working on the boat. I am in the process of doing up an old fibreglass boat, and would love too see what others are up to - bet you have a few tricks up youre sleeve with outboards.

You might also find that some of the members here have some good ideas for you're boat.

Catch you on the water

Woody

hey mate

not sure what you mean by (throw together a thread)

but at the moment im up to painting the cabbin and doing the carpet and bed ect!

i am also making a cabbinet to hide all the wiring and steering box and to house a power inverter to run a laptop for my boy to watch tv,dvds,ect,

i made sure when i got the cd/mp3player it had an aux input so i could run the sound from the laptop through the cabbin so he can still here it while the old 150 merc roars in the background!

as for the outboards i just rebuilt mine with a bit of a tinker here and there and im trying a new piston on the market called vertex racing pistons they are cheaper version of wiesco pistons but have had reports to be better / longerlasting! so after 20 hrs they are all at 155psi so so far so good! ezy to run in to!

i am keen as to see other peoples boats and projects!!!

cheers woody!

Archived