Bad Service from Navman Australia.

rayke1938

I have a navman icn 635 in car navigation device and as I am going on a cruise to NZ on saturday and we will be hiring a car and doing out own thing instead of doing conducted shore excursions i decided to load the NZ mapping that i purchased last year into the unit.

I sucessfully used the security keys to load it into my computer but kept on getting a fault code and a message to contact navman help desk.

I sent them an email around 9am and when I hadnt got a response by 11 am decided to give them a ring.

Aftrer searching on the internet o finally found a number to ring and after going through 4 seperate steps of dial 1 etc etc I finally got into the help desk queue and got an update every minute telling me that I was advancing in the queue. After 6 minutes i was spat back into the first message and had to go through steps 1 to 4 to get back to the help desk. This happened 3 times and then the call was dropped out.

i thought with dayloght savings maybe they are all on lunch so i waited till 12.30 and tried again.

Same thing 16 minutes and call dropped out.

Tried again at 1.35 same thing 16 minutes and call dropped out.

Slow learner tried again at 2 pm same thing.

Got desperate rang mate who alsi had one and sorted out problem in 1 minute. ( Embarrassment I should have been loading into sd card)

I then sent an email to navman pointing out that i had spent over a hour in a std call listening to their queueing machine telling me how great their products and service is with no result.

I was polite and even said that they may have a fault in their system that was dropping the calls out and that O would like a response to my complaint.

That was two days ago and no answer.

Moral of the story is to think again if you are thinking of purchasing a navman product.

Ray

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got a response from navman .

Dear Ray,

I apologise for the delay in answering your email. It has just been brought to my attention.

We have been having some technical issues with our phone system for the last 2 weeks. It was brought to our attention by our customers that the phone system was arbitrarily hanging up on customers, putting calls back to reception and putting customers back to the main menu.

We have had technicians from our phone company at our offices trying to rectify the issue and it has finally been resolved.

This is not normal procedure for our company and it has been very disruptive. We did notify our retailers and placed a notice on our website.

Navman apologises for the inconvenience that was caused by this problem. I am glad that the store in Capalaba was able to help you and to fix the problem you were experiencing before you went to New Zealand .

I hope this has addressed your concerns. If you have any more queries, please do not hesitate to contact us further.

Regards,

Leia Lattimore

Customer Support Supervisor

DDI: +61 2 9879 9030

Navman Australia

Suite 2, 408 Victoria Road , Gladesville NSW 2111

PO Box 3090 Monash Park , NSW 2111

Australia

TEL: +61 2 9879 9000

FAX: +61 2 9879 9001

/>http://www.navman.com

Designers & Manufacturers of GPS, Communication and Marine Products

Feel free to give us your feedback by visiting www.navman.com.au/support/feedback/

The tardy response further increases my reluctance to purchase a navman product.

I also point out that there was no message on their website and the dealer had no knowledge of problems with their telephone system.

Cheers

Ray.

Archived