Moreton Bay Rezoning

Bill74

I personally don't like getting into politics by I have just had a couple of friday arvo beers and I'm all fired up after having just read the latest versions of QFM and B&B.

For those of you who aren't aware, the Government is currently undertaking a rezoning of the bay. What this means is that some areas (which by the way have been earmarked as pretty much EVERY DECENT SPOT) may be zoned as non-fishing areas based on who calls the shots and what their political agenda is.

If you are going to vote next week for Mr Rudd, please be very aware that unfortunately the Labor Party has directed its Senate preferences to the Green Party.

If the Greens end up holding the balance of power, they will have a large influence upon the outcome of the rezone plus any other decisions that get made with respect to our beloved pastime.

Please be aware that there is an AUSTRALIAN FISHING and LIFESTYLE PARTY which will look after our fishing interests for us.

Seriously think about it guys and girls!!!!

Now that I've got that off my chest, its back to planning some fishing this weekend.

Happy voting

Bill74

We all know that the main show will be run by one of the two main players, but the senate is where we need diversity to get a balanced argument and debate when laws get passed. For those that dont know the senate vote is the big white sheet of paper where you either put just a 1 above the line, or 1 to whatever below the line.

Bill74 wrote:

Please be aware that there is an AUSTRALIAN FISHING and LIFESTYLE PARTY

There are two fishing parties currently, unsure of why or whom, but they are talking lawsuites against each other last time I looked into it (a couple of weeks ago).

The AFLP bloke (senate candidate) was very approachable and answered my emails promptly, outlining his policies in my areas of concern. Unfortunately whilst I agree with his stance on fishing, I dont agree with much else of what he stands for, but thats politicians I suppose!

I did not bother with the other mob, as they appear to be running rep's candidates only, and note one in my electorate.

The other is probably 'the fishing party', which is why the move to 'Australian fishing and lifestyle party' the AFLP incudes other 'outdoor use' type parties as well and refers also to landbased National Parks and against the lock it and leave it approach, instead opting for the manage it properly for all to enjoy approach. Not a member of the party...just feel we should have a right to enjoy our beutiful country responsibly.

The other party is certainly \"The Fishing Party\". I actually ran into one of their candidates at the boat ramp on the weekend. Am not real sure what the difference policy wise is between them and the AFLP Party but whatever each of their agendas are, its gotta be better than voting for the The Greens which will be no help whatsoever to us all.

Archived