Cory.l

2 hours ago, Cory.l said:

Hey there. I'm new to gld and living in the scenic rim area. Looking to get some starting points for freshwater fishing in the area..... I know there will be no secret spots given. Lol but some good starting points would be very much appreciated. 

Hey Cory,

Welcome to the forum mate. I think you will be surprised at how generous members are with spots.

What areas are you wanting to fish? 

Do you have a favourite way to fish? 

You have some cracking dams in that area. 

You have good access to some good dams in your local area.

Maroon and Moogerah for plenty of yellas and bass but they get busy with skiers of a weekend  petrol motors allowed on both.

Somerse tditto.

Wivenhoe 4 stroke petrol only and 6 knot speed limit

Wyaralong bass,tilapia and carp electric only but you can leave your petrol motor on your boat under restrictions on seq waters websitehas only been stocked for a few years but bass now legal size

Bill gun nearly empty last i heard

Aitkensons is empty

I just saw that you are on Tamborise so i will add hinze to the list electric only but petrol motors same conditions as wyaralong. Hinze is great bass and toga fishery with a few yellas around, Lots of standing timber to practice your casting skills and the bass love live shrimp dropped in among the timber.Be aware that it is not advisable to eat fish from hinze due to elevated mercury levels. Barred grunter can be a pest if bait fishing. I occasionally have spare decky spots on either sundays or wednesdays on hinze

Just browse through the freshwater section for plenty of reports and info.

Cheers

Ray

Thanks guys. Happy to start of with some scouting at all areas near and around the scenic rim area. Mainly like to do lures but have been known to go with simple worms too. I have a small boat so some of the dams sound good. Just need to sort out an electric engine for it I think. Thanks again and will post progress soon I hope. 

Archived