Pool Tube Fishing Challenge ( With Video )

Angler1

Hi everyone, I was challenged to try and catch a fish out in the bay using only an inflatable pool tube instead of a high-end kayak.

Video can be seen here

I was equipped only with a 1-4 kilo 1DFR spin rod, a packet of pre-rigged Fathead curl tail soft plastics, a net, orr, life jacket and pliers. This challenge came from a follower who suggested that fisherman only catch fish because they have expensive kayaks or boats. I thought best to prove a point why not use a $30 pool tube from BCF out in Port Phillip bay. Thankfully I managed to land a few fish without drowning, being stung or eaten.

Watch the video carefully at 3:05 you will see something large surface right next to the pool tube. Been some debate on whether this was a stingray, shark, seal or dolphin. Have a look and see what you think. This is a classic. It was very challenging to keep balance, navigate through some issues with broken line but with persistence, I landed 2 Snook, 4 Pinkies and 2 Flathead in just over an hours fishing. All in a bit of fun, please don’t try this on your own, we acknowledge that this is a little dangerous if not done in a controlled fashion.

if you enjoy the video then please subscribe to the channel

Website - www.fishingmad.com.au

YouTube - www.youtube.com/c/fishingmad
Facebook - www.facebook.com/fishingmad.com.au
Instagram - www.instagram.com/fishingmad.com.au

PoolChallenge.jpg

On ‎4‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 10:14 PM, Junky said:

You're bloody crazy mad. 😆

Do you get dugong down that way? Looked like a dugong head...maybe. 

And what are you tied off to at the start? Can see the water flowing under your feet. 

Yeah goes with the title. Nah we don't get any Dugongs down in Vic. I had a kayaker out with me to be on standby. At the start the current was very strong so get him to lend a hand dragging me out. The rest was all me. Thanks for the comments

Archived