Where To Mount Battery Charger On My Scout Centre Console

Poddymullet

Hi fellow AFO'ers,

Need some advice on the best location to install a pro mariner pro sport 3 bank onboard battery charger? 

It will charge my motor guide 12v x 2 deep cycle, and 1 x cranking battery but as you can see from the photos I am a bit restricted on where I can mount it. 

I am still a newbie to DIY boat installation and freaking out a bit that the mounting location might end in tears on a normal Moreton Bay afternoon coming back 😛 through the chop. 

Any advice much appreciated. 

Cheers 

IMG_4528.HEIC

IMG_4527.HEIC

IMG_4526.HEIC

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

Looks like .HEIC files aren't supported by the site.

I don't think there is a problem with the site.  I couldn't open them in Linux or in Windows 10, but I was able to download them and use a free online service to convert them to JPEG, which Windows was then able to display.

When I tried to open the unconverted  HEIC files in Windows, it offered to sell me an app to convert them, or a codec to read them, which I declined.

55 minutes ago, rayke1938 said:

Check the charging specifications of your deep cycle batterys 20 amp total current over 3 batterys seems a bit light.

Cheers

Ray

Thanks @rayke1938 I bought this one as it does each battery separately. Hopefully it is enough...I did a fair amount of research and this one comes up high in the ratings 

On 23/02/2019 at 8:48 PM, Poddymullet said:

Thanks @rayke1938 I bought this one as it does each battery separately. Hopefully it is enough...I did a fair amount of research and this one comes up high in the ratings 

That's pretty cool. So it does one at a time? Does it have separate inputs? 

Like Luvit said it looks like the best spot just make sure your mounts are awesome and well put in. 

On 25/02/2019 at 8:35 AM, Drop Bear said:

That's pretty cool. So it does one at a time? Does it have separate inputs? 

Like Luvit said it looks like the best spot just make sure your mounts are awesome and well put in. 

Yeah mate. It does all three separately ... one is dedicated to the crank battery and the other two for the MotorGuide. I haven’t installed yet as I keep thinking the panel is going to be too thin. Although it does support the grab rail. Considering installing a thicker panel first and then mount it, or mounting it but supporting it from the other side with thicker and wider washers. 

Archived